Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

@Prospect

App updates fix these issues, this is with ANY big design changes on any (more specifically mobile) OS's.. so meh lol

I Plan to Stick Around

Just received a phone call from the store.... My 256 silvers are ready for pickup on Friday! Woot woot!,

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @toaste73

Yay glad to head!Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got my call too! 256GB Silver is waiting for me at my local Rogers store. Ordered at 6:50AM EST on launch day, got number 20. Don't know why my number was so low at that time, but I definitely lucked out!

I Plan to Stick Around

Okay, since there isn't a proper search function here I just wanna go over the rumblings...

in store pick up, they make you pay up front now even through this isn't stated anywhere I can see? If I opt to just buy full pop outright will it be sold as unlocked? 

weighing options here as my 2 units are store bound and if I'm gonna fork out dough no matter what I might as well skip the nonsense and just pay up the $3500 and walk away lol

I was 

#15 Silver 256GB

#35 Space Grey 256GB

on pre-order day

Thanks all

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cynikalmindset

Yes as of last year you need to pay u front for any cost of the device.

I believe it should be factory unlocked. However they should be able to unlock it for u immediately after the purchase.

I Plan to Stick Around

last year you say? Like iPhone 7 launch? I never paid up front for that one...oh well, I'll probably just pay the full kit and carry on with life if I have no grace period to sell my old phone now lol

Thanks for the response @Meowmix
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So I ordered my iPhone X  at 6:15am I was #86 now i'm #1 i;m pretty sure I missed the first shipment but would there really be only 85 phones in all of Canada? This must be provincial now I cant see that being for all of Canada

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

anyone with ship to home see their new X posted to their myrogers account yet?

I told myself I didn't care if I got it around launch day or not but I think i've been lying to myself all along.  I want it ASAP!  lol

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @iPhone_6_Plus

Its Canada wide.. I explained this before. Reason why they may have put a small amount for the reservations is because they have to tohold some for the stores, business and corporate customers and call center sales. Remember Apple controls what stock each carrier gets. Apple is known to ship Rogers low stock at times.