Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

For Business customers,

Obviously take this with a grain of salt, because it seems every Rogers rep says something different, but I called this morning to check on my status, since it disappeared from the order page on rogersdirect.ca.  My order is still there when I search for the order # and all the pricing information is now filled in (price, tax, early upgrade fee)  I'm assuming this is a good sign.

Anyway, the rep said yes he could see my order and correctly identified my place in line.  I asked if I would receive the phone on launch day, and he told me it's possible but not likely.  He said the business side usually receives the phone ON launch day and then starts shipping them out and so I should get it early next week.

Here's hoping.

Highlighted

If you aren't getting AppleCare, get a case guys! 

iPhone X screen repair will cost $279

That's way too much money to risk going naked in my opinion... but then again, I've always been an advocate for cases!

Anytime I see someone carting their $1000+ phone around without a case on, I cringe just a little. All it takes is one slip and for your phone to fall screen first onto a single piece of gravel for you to have a bad day. Ask me how I know...

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What que are you in?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ragu13

lol yep my gf has the clear spigen case on her gold iPhone 8 and its pretty nice.

I'm addicted to battery cases now with my 7 and I've used a few mujjo leather cases with my 6 and 6s in the past (that I loved) which is why I threw them in the mix.  

Might have to buy all and just rotate! lol

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Since we are so close to Dec 1st, I wonder if they have sell their phones already unlocked.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersCorey

That is true! I wish Rogers did the same as Telus and let us put Apple Care monthly on our plans.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@McBoober

How is it not true lol these are specs directly from the apple site 

All LTE bands are identical. Yes one is intel and one is qualcomm

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @asdsadad

Telus / Bell and some of the rest are already doing so.

Received my iPhone 8 Plus and KeyOne devices and they are both factory unlocked. So most likely they should be as well.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I also spoke to someone on  Rogers Business live chat regarding the glitch, and they told me where I was in the que, which confirmed they still had my order in line. I asked about if we expected to receive anything on launch day or if it would ship on launch day and the response was "It will be shipped to your billing address after Nov. 11 according to customers priority." I am 38/584 for the silver 256gb.. so doesn't sound too good as a rogers business customer. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone knows how much is the AppleCare per month if taken with Rogers? 

Already feeling bad fot the upfront cost of the phone and the remaining tab :))