Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

@nat12345, not yet. But I also have this shipping within the GTA so I am not expecting an email/status change until tomorrow at the earliest.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@amurr do you see the new device as added to your account yet?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

#6 and #15 for a 64GB grey and no shipping status yet 😞
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Got my shipment email (#18 grey -> GTA)
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

FWIW no sign of my device in MyRogers for my to-store Shipped phone except that the $40 charge has now hit my balance. Still the only place to see info is through the separate Reservation link, or the shipping notification email that was sent out this evening. Guessing nothing on that end until its activated in-store not that it really matters at this point. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@griever92

Ah, I might have missed that if you had mentioned it. Now I understand why.. ya you wont have a choice but to buy off ebay or similar I think

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@jorjelexact same here lol

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@dg123

Wont matter, you will get yours launch day as well.. Rogers system isn't sending notices in the proper order

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@NorkentFTW

You won’t see the phone tagged to your account until you upgrade in store. Reservation just holds the device as you haven’t yet agreed to purchase it. 

ship to home orders already have received authorization to add the device to the customer account and charge the account. So the device will be activated and added to the account prior to shipment. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

A few questions for you. Thanks so much for all the help.

1) I preordered 256gb Grey. I was 246 in line and now down to 94 after everyone was updated to in progress. Realistically am I looking at a few weeks for the device or probably a month or more? My billing cycle is done in a few days and I would like to make the changes to my plan for then rather than the middle of the month to keep things more smooth. If I'm not likely to get one until December then I'll hold off.

2) I currently pay $50/month for 2gb data and Canada wide calling, etc. The Rogers site says that same plan costs $100/month under premium tab. So if I understand correctly, I am paying $999 for the device up front and $50/month extra ($1200 total) for the phone...so $2200 total for the iPhone? I might just buy this outright..