Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

People shouldn’t be going mental that people in the 100s or whatever have had theirs shipped and those in the single digits haven’t.

Pretty much inside 200 or so for each model it won’t make one lick of difference which number you originally had.

Also thanks to the member that has agreed to post when they receive their ship to home shipping email. I’m curious as to when those will start to go out.

I started trying to order at about 545 but wasn’t able to actually order until 718am est (via ship to home) due to a stupid error situation but I’m still keeping hope alive that I’ll have it within 2 weeks. The guy that’s buying my 7 is waiting on me lol

I'm Here A Lot

I’m in the same boat. Guess we have to wait for the tracking number. When did you order. I got an email back at 6:57am. I probably placed it a few minutes before that.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @McBoober

Yes i am certain.... Canadian carrier no longer support CDMA devices. The A1865 device is a CDMA device. All devices from last year included the Intel Chip. So I hope this makes sense.

Again no Canadian carrier uses CDMA anymore. So those device may not work here due to that. You can gladly call Apple and see.
I'm Here A Lot

When I got to my number associated with the upgrade. It list my old phone and when I click upgrade device. It says “we’ee Sorry. You cannot upgrade your device right now because you have an upgrade order pending”. I ordered it Friday at 6:57 (when I got an email back confirming order). When did you guys order for shop to home. 256 grey
I Plan to Stick Around

i ordered at 5h50est for my ship to home (256go silver) so i'm close to the front of the line

i'm also based in edmonton if that happens to make a difference — i'll post when my shipping email comes

@Meowmix both devices will work in canada since they both support gsm but canadian carriers will offer the intel model because it's cheaper than the snapdragon — apple only uses the snapdragon when they have to (verizon, sprint both require a type of cdma support that the intel modem can't offer)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I got an email for my ship to home silver 64gb at 718am. I ordered like a minute before that.

Had to wait until 7am until live chat was able to fix the issue on my account. Otherwise I’d have ordered at 545am or so.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @McBoober

Yes i am certain.... Canadian carrier no longer support CDMA devices. The A1865 device is a CDMA device. All devices from last year included the Intel Chip. So I hope this makes sense.

Again no Canadian carrier uses CDMA anymore. So those device may not work here due to that. You can gladly call Apple and see.

I understand Canadian carriers no longer use CDMA, but the A1865 adds CDMA support, it doesnt replace GSM. The more I read the more I don't want the A1901 😞 https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/79k7vr/iphone_x_qualcomm_vs_intel_battery_life_real/

It seems to come down to a corporate fight between Apple and Qualcomm 😞

Oh well. I'll look at the box when my number comes up. If A1901 I guess I can just return it.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @aojsn

That is correct however what I meant is that it's not a guarantee that it would work with Rogers or any carrier ( that's what they always say anyways). I have seen a S8+ from Verizon not work with Bell . that's also why.

Either way the 8+ I have is a Intel modem.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @McBoober

It will show A1901. So make the decision soon. Apple Canada and all carriers in Canada will only offer the Intel modem.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi again @Meowmix 🙂
I have one last question (at least from me lol). I made the reservation on the rogers reservation system under a different phone number than the one I want to make the upgrade with. Will i have a problem using that reservation to upgrade on my own phone number? I believe I had done that in the past for the iPhone 5s and didn't have a problem, but with rogers you never know, things always change lol. Thanks in advance 🙂