Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hey guys!

Please listen. It won't show shipped anytime tonight. Either it will change tomorrow night or Thrusday night. They won't ship them any earlier then that.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm not to concerned, because the phones most likely going to ship UPS out of Toronto Central, and that's usually 1 day shipping anywhere in the GTA. So Tomorrow/Thursday seems about right, just like @Meowmix said. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

meowmix,

i think everyone in here is on their toes because 2 people in here already have theirs changed to ship status, and they are both later numbers than the earlier folks.  

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix i think people are talking about it because of the higher numbers a couple pages ago having theirs changed to "shipped" for their status which indicates that the shipping is starting

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @charles1977

While that is true, it all depends. If they started to ship out that's good. However remember shipment emails or notifications can take a couple of hours up until midnight
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @aojsn

Yes. However it can change tonight for some and most tomorrow. Remember they can take up until midnight to send them out for notifications
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @McBoober

Model A1901 is the correct one. The other one works for CDMA carriers which Canada does not have.

Hi, I tried earlier to reply but it didn't work for some reason... 

Reading the content, the A1901 is inferior. Any way to get the A1865 in Canada?

https://www.repeaterstore.com/blogs/main/for-better-cell-signal-buy-the-a1865-model-of-the-iphone-x

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @McBoober

You can try however it's not a guarantee that it will work.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @McBoober

You can try however it's not a guarantee that it will work.

First, sorry is this is a bit of a tangent, but its relevant given we are all purchasing this device.

Thank you again for your response. Your comment, you mean there is not a guarantee it will work with the network? I feel that's a bit of an unnecessary statement. If the Rogers network doesn't support one of the planet's most popular cell phones, they have bigger issues.

I'm just trying to understand what exactly I am buying. It seems starting with the iPhone 7s Apple has been selling some users devices with a less capable modem (intel based). My cell signal is terrible to begin with, I don't need it getting worse. My order doesn't actually show what model I would be receiving. Some don't care, but for me it's worth it to purchase the more capable device even if I have to buy off eBay or visit the US.

Is it 100% certain that we all will receive the A1901 and not the A1865?

I Plan to Stick Around

You will get a second email from them mentioning to ignore the shipping and tracking and that someone will be in contact to discuss pick up time.

I believe they have to progress the order to shipped to get the charge to happen for the preorder deposit