Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @Jrsmithz

Thats because it's a pre order device and the system has yet to recognize it. So since it's not fully in the system yet, they can't remove any amount from the device.

The stores can't either when u go pick up the device let's say ( for the ones picking it up in store.) the stores have no way or reducing the device price even if the call center promised u that. They would just charge u the normal device and next invoice credit u the amount promised.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @enigma4321

Exactly. It's who u speak to and who tend to go out of their way to help you.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jrsmithz

yup I'm just going to suck it up and pay the extra $200 up front.  

I've already worked the my community forum rogers reps pretty hard over the past 3 months and they've come through with a nice deal that saved me porting my gf's line to telus and they've been pretty good on a few other issues I had.  

I definitely would have liked the premium + pricing but I'm going to give them a break on this one.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix @Jrsmithz

Been there, ended up getting the credit on my next bill

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@enigma4321 wrote:

@Jrsmithz

I got the retention team to reduce the galaxy s8+ by 200$. I feel like it all depends on who you talk to. If you don't get what you want, call back again.. a couple of hours of your time could save  you money...

But yes they wont discount a phone that's still in pre-order status

Also, as I had discussed with another one here on this feed, politeness changes everything. I'm not assuming that you weren't polite, but sometimes being polite and friendly can change everything 😄

Agreed @enigma4321, I was super nice, lady from Nova Scotia, talked about her kids, and such. Just wasn't having it. I really think she tried everything in her power, so I don't blame her. I'm not mad at my plan though, just was trying to squeeze a lemon and see if we can get some lemonade. 15GB for $145, plus two other lines on a premium plan, about $220 in total. So I mean, it is what it is. lol 

Just seems like they know and are instructed right now especially with this phone, that they are going to be tight on the discounts, especially with Christmas around the corner. This is the pains of being an early adopter, so it is, what it is.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

I think if I were in that position, working for rogers, I would do the same, a polite calm friendly client would most likely get a better deal through me, than someone who calls and acts aggressively for a "better deal" lol

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Jrsmithz

There was a big deja vu when you said you spoke to a woman from nova scotia and about her kids lol.. I might have spoken to her in the past haha!

But ya I can see them being tighter on deals for a iPhone over a galaxy.. iPhones are cash cows for them 😛

I Plan to Stick Around

I think I will just stick with the plan I have now, my bill is less than 65/month with 8GB data, which I never come close to using each month, as well I receive a discount through the corporation I work for, so my monthly phone bill is quite low considering.

Thanks for the advice.....pay more now to save more later.

@enigma4321 wrote:

@richelsd

You might end up saving money over time btw too by keeping your premium tab as apposed to upgrading/downgrading your plan to a premium tab plus just to get the upgrade fee more subsidized...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@enigma4321 wrote:

@Jrsmithz

There was a big deja vu when you said you spoke to a woman from nova scotia and about her kids lol.. I might have spoken to her in the past haha!

But ya I can see them being tighter on deals for a iPhone over a galaxy.. iPhones are cash cows for them 😛

And you know I find negotiating with them rather fun, it's a big physiological game to me. So I don't take it to seriously, I'm still going to call back in a few months threaten to pay off my tab and leave and see what happens, and they understand that on their end too, but you gotta do it respectfully or you're not getting a single dime. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thank You to everyone who responded to my last question about regular vs business reservation lists. It's just annoying to see other people move up on the list by the hundreds and us business customers moved up by less than double digits (most likely due to cancellations).