Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

So I've been lurking in here for awhile, Thanks Meowmix for all you do. I'm a little confused as it's been awhile since I upgraded my phone...

So I reserved my 64GB Space Grey iX ( spot 113 in reservation que), Changed my plan from the old share everything to the new premium plus tab plan (4GB, unlimited nationwide mins = 125/month) , and now waiting for the phone for pickup in store... and I just read that theres no more "hardware upgrade charged to your bill/have a month to pay it off" type thing?? 

My last phone was the 6S and I thought everything was gonna be the same as before...

So just to clarify for everyone here, whether you pay now OR pickup in store, you'll pay a min $599+tax walking out with your new iPhone?

Glad to be a member of this community tho - great respect for everyone

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @lordwill072284

Yes that is correct. This changed last year during July / August ( 2016). Now when you either start a new activation or upgrade a device in store you will have to pay the device price in store. Yours will be $599+ taxes upfront. The connection fee and any remaining flextab fees will be added to your next invoice still.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I picked up an ipad pro last week in store and I didn't have to pay anything.  Just on my first bill there was a charge.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jillzzzy77

That is because you are financing it. That gets added to your next invoice. We are talking about upgrading your device to a new phone or a new line with a phone. That is a difference between those two.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

ah okay I see.  I too wasn't aware.  So I have to pay the $599 friday?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jillzzzy77

$599 + taxes will be paid Friday at the store upon picking up the device.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yeh ok - that makes sense now. Appreciate the quick replies.

I've looked at the pre order device faq page, and it does say pay now, or pay later in store. I wish they would clarify that in better words in that FAQ or even when submitting your pre-order/hardware upgrade online.

I've seen the pay now (CC) vs pay later, and I remembered the later was the bill to your account...

Should make for an interesting friday with people not checking in the forums / info / FAQ 😉

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello, 

So I am looking to upgrade to the iPhone X 256GB on a premium tab and the price now shows as $899 while the $999 is crossed out. Is this offer for everyone/ price drop? Will it get better for Black Friday?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @lordwill072284

Well it does state " pay now or PAY LATER IN STORE" Which means u need to pay in store but i agree with you.

WE shall see . Many will get upset which dont know.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @zain00

It may be different for everyone. Also at this point NO one knows that answer but it could well be. Sadly you can not price match that though. The only way to get the price for black Friday is to get it on blackfriday which is not a guarantee you will get one that day.

Knowing Apple, they most likely will not lower the X pricing for a while.