Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Quick question. I pre ordered from Apple to pick up in store to do it on my Rogers upgrade. However, I just got notification of being billed the full amount for the phone. Will they refund the difference in store? 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gcooldude

What will happen is they will return it back as NEW and then resell it to you under a contract.

Best thing to do is call the Apple store near u which u have put it to go to and ask them.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'll call them tomorrow an ask them as I'm pretty sure they are closed right now.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just was a bit concerned when I was charged the full amount.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gcooldude

Yeah they are closed now as its Sunday night. Tomorrow call when they open and see what their answer is.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I tried to pre-order at 3am than at 4am and 4:30am but the rogers website didnt work for me. So I went to bed and got my pre-order in 8:45am October 27th. I made a mistake choosing the pay later option though...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Abrowne0

Don't call it a mistake. At the end u will get the device. The problem is that u won't know when or what status you are at until u get the shipment email.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@gcooldude

I'm in the same boat as you with an Apple reservation. I talked to an Apple support rep on Friday and was told that all preordered devices through Apple store in Canada were sold as unlocked and that there is no guarantee you would be able to activate as subsidized phone. A couple people have indicated that in Apple stores they will sometimes return and re-sell as a contract phone but the person I talked to couldn't make me that guarantee. 

I have my bets hedged by having the two reservations, one with Apple and one with Rogers (my life would be easier if the Rogers one is the one that came through sooner). For anyone thats in the same situation as me with their Rogers registration (chose store pickup, haven't yet received confirmation email, no link or reference anywhere within MyRogers)... you can login separately through the Reservation System link ("Reserve to upgrade"):

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/Rogers-Reservation-System

From that link I'm able to see that my reservation is on file and see my spot in line

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

On the apple site there was a bar at the top of the iPhone photo where you were supposes to click for carrier upgrades and choose a store. This was gone in seconds for me once I got it to load a few minutes after 3am. Hopefully they will let you keep it for an upgrade.