Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Trencher69: similar boat to you. I ordered via the "store pickup" option early enough that I'm supposed to be #25 in the country for my particular device.... i.e. I should be in the very first early wave of devices sent out. As of now theres no record by email or online in my MyRogers of anything. The best anyone can tell me on the phone is that I'll get a phone some time in the first 3 weeks. Meanwhile reading all sorts of accounts of people who ordered around the same time through Best Buy whose phones are already en route to their store. Either somebody's fumbled the football here or the Apple-Rogers pipeline isn't as good as the Apple-Best Buy one. Maybe it'll all work out but if I'm Apple I'm not happy that a partner of mine is showing so little communication with customers that have gone so out of their way by being up in the middle of the night to be one of the early recipients of the device. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Trencher69

They had it advertised everywhere. I made the thread for this purpose. I even went as far using my own person Facebook account to advertise it on their Facebook. They did their job on how to reserve a phone. Now it's also up to the customer to look around and check out before hand as well. Its not as easy but many press " Pre order" and it will show u.

Yes at this moment unfortunately you most likely won't get it at launch. Anyone pre ordering right now will be waiting a while.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

SHould a person have a $40 charge on their credit card for pre ordering. Right now I have a $20 charge that is unfamiliar to me for October 27th. Maybe they do $20 when you pre order and then $20 when it ships?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @richelsd

It doesn't work like that. The $40 is a reservation fee which will be credited back to ur CC or invoice when the phone ships out or u cancel the reservation.

They don't spilt the cost like u are saying. Does it show Rogers for the $20?. It could also be the connection fee at times.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Im guessing you didn’t read my post very well, I said I ordered mine at 430am (PST) on Friday morning... using the “upgrade” option instead of the reserve in store options... I didn’t know you could reserve the phone in store and wish Rogers explained the system better before the phone went on sale. Telling me you posted something on here when I just found the Rogers community forums is kinda pointless.

But thanks for the (no) help.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Trencher69

My mistake on that. It's been a long night for my self. ( No need to be rude on your end. We all make mistakes. You know people try to help. And since I am doing this for free, your rudeness isn't needed).

Rogers did make it clear. There was a option when you clicked "Pre order" for the iPhone X on the main page. It popped a little message saying if u wanted to have it shipped to home or shipped to a store. I guess you did not get that message or bypassed it somehow. Sometimes it doesn't even show. The website is like that at times.

Also when you log into My Rogers - Upgrade My Device - Pick device - Reservation - Reserve the device and follow the steps. It would go that route too. However the only way to know that is either checking around your self.

Ship to home option is a bit better to be fair and honest. You don't need to deal with store rep, systems crashing and signing paperwork. So this is a better option.

Ship to store would make u go to the store, wait in line, pick it up and may have to deal with the systems crashing and waiting hours or a day to pick up ur device. Go read all the reservation threads I have made and u will see this. Every year on launch the systems fail and we get stuck with no phones during launch at the stores.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Now that you've said that I want to switch from "pick up in store" to "ship to home", is that possible while the status is "OPEN"? thanks in advance!! 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Never actually posted here before, but been a longtime lurker. I just wanted to take a moment to thank meow for all their hard work in keeping up with replies and information throughout all of this. I don’t know if I would have the patience to answer many of the same questions over and over again.
Thanks!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @chino0331

If you cancel your reservation to the store, you will lose the que you are in and you most likely will have to wait a longer time to get the device.

I would suggest just leaving it the way it is. However this is a decision you would have to make on ur own.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You’re the best MeowMix, year after year, upgrade after upgrade You’re the one I count on and it always helps.