Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Is there anyone else that preordered in the initial half hour early yesterday and chose "store pickup" as their option that:

- has yet to receive any email

- sees no sign of reservation in their account

I put through my reservation at that time was told on-screen that I was 25 in line for 256gb silver. At first anyone in chat or on the phone couldn't find any record of any reservation. Eventually got to someone on the phone that indicated that they talked to someone who saw the reservation but said that the system is very behind in sending out emails. They had told me that if they get the phone it would be sent to the store on launch day at the earliest, meaning no chance of having the phone itself on launch day.... and it could be as much as three weeks before I'd get it? What sayeth you, other "store pickup" folk?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @NorkentFTW

That is correct. As I mentioned and it says it on the Reservation page. It's not a guarantee that you will get it at launch or before anyone else. It all depends on stock level and how many units they get from Apple.

I have seen this happen before and it's happened once to me. The system is having issues (glitches) causing the emails to be sent out late / not being sent. If they see the reservation, then you are all fine.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I preordered on all 3 of my Rogers line and looks like I’m in the low 100s, but for those who preordered with Best Buy - check your orders! I preordered a white 256GB at 12:24 AM PST and a black 256GB at 12:26 AM and both have shipped with tracking numbers, with order status showing “Order Fulfilled”. So at this point, looks like Best Buy will be guaranteeing me two units for day 1.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So come next week, when some statuses change to IN PROGRESS... are those ones guaranteed to be launch day? If it's still OPEN on Thurs evening, it probably means you won't get yours?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @EEYAR

Yes but it's not a 100% guarantee though. Anything is possible with the shipments with UPS and the warehouse. Always its been at launch though. Some have been in progress status even after launch m
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

hey @Meowmix

just a quick question, when is the earliest my status may go to "in progress"?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

placed my ship-to-home order at 5h50 est for a 256go silver, can confirm re: people saying you have to pay for it up front that that's not true — you get the option to input a credit card or have the charge placed on your next bill

judging by people who got a queue number by shipping to store around that time, i'm guessing my number in the queue (though we can't see it with ship-to-home orders) should be around the first ten or so

i'll definitely post when i get my shipping email, super hyped

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @aojsn

The option to pay upfront is in store. You will be billed on ur next invoice regardless of your devicedoesnt ship before then or it does.

Maybe but there is no way of knowing until the email comes to you. Most likely u are near that though.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I’m #7 for 64gb for grey. I know that there is not 100% certainty, but I should receive it on launch, right?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

hey im 1 ahead of you lol

#6 here!