Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @nauthier

I doubt it's going to open midnight when Apple Canada is opening up there at 3:01am EST (12:01 PDT time).

Funny part is twitter and Facebook reps were giving the same time frame last year and low and behold they got it wrong and it actually opened up at 6am EST.

As the time I was told by someone at head office, it's 6-8AM EST. If that changes and somehow Rogers is opening it up at 12Am EST a before Apple, that would be amazing but won't happen. So don't be surprised if at 12am it won't be live.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't go on these forums unless I'm upgrading so I must have missed it. So every method now requires full payment of either the subsidized price or full price if buying out?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nauthier

That is correct. So if u reserve it to a store ( let's say the 256GB for $799) you will be paying $799+ taxes upfront at the store upon picking up the device. The only thing that gets added to your next invoice is the upgrade fee.

If you do a ship to home option ( which doesn't give u a any updates or status number) then u will be billed on ur next monthly invoice for all.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ah okay. So there is still an option for having it put on your bill. I ask because I don't like having a full charge on my CC if its not being sent out right away. Better to have it charged to the bill and wait for them to send it out. 

Do you have to pay up front if your doing an upgrade at the Apple Store through Rogers(this is what I did last year) through Apples Reservation system?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nauthier

Yes you do from what I can recall and was told. This may also change when the actual launch happens but from what i remember and was told, they will take the amount upfront like a Rogers store does.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here’s something interesting to think about. Let’s say I order via ship to home in a few hours and for some reason (due to short supply) I don’t wind up getting the phone until December.

Will I have to pay $799 plus my existing iPhone 7 subsidy (on a premium tab) for a 64gb X on my next bill or will they only charge me once the phone ships?

I’m assuming there could be a situation where people have to pay for the phone before it ships to their home....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just spoke with Rogers and they mentioned accounts with MSD codes will not have issues with pre-ordering. I got a interaction ID - hopefully i do not have to use it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hoping those with these discounts on our plans won't have any issues. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @abrarhaq

Hope not. Last year and year before that was a show to tell u the least.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

It will be billed on the next invoice after u complete the process for the phone. That's how it works. Sometimes it may do it once the device comes back to stock.