Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @Geoffbernier

Yes they do! They both open the same time! Make sure to be awake around 5:30am EST that way u can be one of the first ones!

As always a reminder to u and everyone else. If Rogers doesn't get enough device at launch, it's not their fault. Most likely due to the shortage and how Apple is (with putting more stock towards their stores and pre orders around the world) carriers get a small batch. So if u don't get it at launch, just a heads up now.
I've Been Here Awhile

also wondering this as I know on apple.ca you are able to preorder right at 12:01am EST. Any thoughts?

I Plan to Stick Around

thats weird, i also talked to a rogers rep right now and he said the same thing which is midnight, not 6-8 am, that will really suck if i wake up at around 6:00 and it will be too late Smiley Mad

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ziglaub

You are welcome to wake up at 12am EST and see if it's open. Reps are going by what they know themselves. Now if u wish to try at 12, go right ahead.

Rogers has never opened up the reservation system or pre orders at 12am EST. I know this as i have been doing their reservation threads since 2012 and I can go check them out ur self.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @hanik919

Pre Orders for Canada open at 3am EST. Apple Canada shows " 12:01AM PDT". I believe that turns to 3:01am EST.

" 12:00 AM Thursday, Pacific Time (PT) is
3:00 AM Thursday, Eastern Time (ET)"
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix

A few posts ago you posted a direct link to the device reservation page. I also notice that you can get to the device reservation page through MyRogers when you click on your current plan/phone and select for a hardware upgrade.

However, these 2 device reservation pages are not the same, and ask for different information. Is there a preferred method between the 2? By the looks of it, there is less information to fill out/steps involved in the once accessed through MyRogers, which I am assuming is because since you are already logged in, they can pull your information?

Thanks!!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @063945711

The link given is for the ones which can use it if they can't access their My Rogers account or opening a new account.

The best option is doing it via the MY Rogers. It's little info to give as well.
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks again for everything!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @063945711

You are welcome!
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok, so signing into My Rogers is the best option for pre-order; rather than using device registration link provide a page or two back by @Meowmix

Are the steps then:

1) Log into My Rogers

2) Click on your name and telephone number under your plan 

3) Click on Upgrade My Device

4) Refresh until iPhone X becomes available
5) Go through order process after that

That's the process I'm seeing, as when you log into My Rogers, there's no link stating "Device Reservation." 

Please adjust if I'm wrong.