Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Gotcha. A couple of follow-up questions?

1) When you say "make sure you have the amount on you" you are referring to the 599 + tax correct? Or is it 1300ish and Rogers reimburses me?

2) Do you know where you select the pickup in-store option? I just tried to a walk through on their website with an iPhone 8 and I can only find the option of purchasing outright. 

I know the supply is extremely limited and the chances are low as is, but I want to give myself the best chance possible by knowing where I'm going/what I'm doing.

Thanks.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jtabo

1). Make sure you have the $599+ taxes on you. That's the amount you will pay upfront for the device in store. Regardless where u go to get it.

2). That's because it's available to you in store so they removed that option. When it comes on the date for the X, it will. Show u to reserve at store option and that's when it will show you. You can also contact Apple Canada for further information.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi I ordered the iphone 8plus and says its back ordered. How long do bark orders usually take to be shipped out? Thanks 

🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix, reading the previous comments. I could pre-order from the Apple site and pick it up at an Apple Store to get it on an upgrade on my phone plan? I didn't know you could do that, just thought you could only pre-order and buy outright on the Apple website. I know you can pickup products in store that are in stock but didn't know you could do that for a pre order.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gilmour931

Hmm maybe a week or two. This depends on the stock the get from Apple.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gcooldude

This from a article last year which was from iPhone in Canada September 2016

"Apple has brought back Reserve & Pickup for iPhone 7 pre-orders, which allows customers to reserve a device online to then pickup in-stores, for both unlocked and those seeking contracts. The service was made available last year for the iPhone 6s as well."

Indeed Apple had it last year but removed it from the 6 launch.

Here is how it's found only for pre orders ( u won't see it until the pre orders come live unless Apple removes them). This article below is for the 6s but shows u.

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/iphone-6s-reserve-pickup-2/
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thats good to know. I'm going to try that and reserve through Rogers, better my odds at getting one. Going to be a tiring night though getting up at 3AM and 6AM.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

#gcooldude

There's no point getting up that early because preorders only starts at 6-8 AM      

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ziglaub

Pre orders for Apple Canada will open at 3am EST. Pre orders with Rogers will open between 6-8AM EST.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Gilmour931 wrote:

Hi I ordered the iphone 8plus and says its back ordered. How long do bark orders usually take to be shipped out? Thanks 

🙂

@Gilmour931 Have you checked any local Rogers stores? I was able to pick one up from a store a few weeks ago.