Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Thanks Meow. I guess if I don’t put in my CC info it can’t charge my CC lol

I did a live chat and confirmed that the charge will be applied to my account as of the next billing cycle. Up front payment via CC is only for new customers or customers that have an account less than 3 months old.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Then there u go 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

hey there :)!

Im on a government plan (30% off regular rates). For some reason my account is linked to rogers small business, but it doesn't let me register that account on rogersdirect.ca.

Im on a premium plan for quebec.

Now when I go to upgrade my phone to the iPhone X, whats my best bet? I was told by a rogers rep that I should go through the normal pre order (6am on the 27th) and order to a regular rogers store.

What should I use for pre orders (I can only use the regular rogers.com site for the pre order) and should I switch my plan to a premium plus plan in quebec in advance (as its a limited time only 7gb - might be gone for the launch)...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ravi_sakic

I would suggest doing exactly what the rep said as well. Some cases some customers have government discounts which won't let them go on the business website for Rogers but only on the regular website.

So pre order it the normal way and it should be fine. Pick ship to home option. This will be better.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

thanks 🙂 I would normally ship to home but I literally have 3 days to pick it up  (leaving out of the country..Nov 6th). Do you think I should switch my plan now from a quebec premium to a quebec premium plus (to ensure I keep the limited time 7gb package) in order to get the best price on the X.

Thanks again dude, you're great!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ravi_sakic

To be honest I don't think Rogers or any carrier will get alot of units in for the pre orders. Only 3-5 million have been made for the whole world as leaks are coming out so hopefully u can get one before your trip.

Apple tends to keep most of the stock for themselves and their stores / pre orders but even with that. Most will be disappointed to know that there will be a long wait.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

🙂 always worth giving it a shot! Thanks for the quick replies!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ravi_sakic

Exactly!

You are welcome! 🙂
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Is it possible to pre-order the X from Apple.ca at the subsidized cost (599.99)? Or would I be paying for the phone outright if I ordered from there?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jtabo

You would need to pre order the phone selecting the pick up in store option( for carrier upgrade) and u will need to do it in store. So when u do the pre order, u would have to pick either outright or in store for carrier. That's how it will work.

Remember, you will be paying the $$ in store when this happens as per the new policy. So make sure u have thay amount on u.