Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @Geoffbernier

The information I was given was the same as everyone else at the time. Seems like it was change. Some get charged immediately when putting their CC and some wait until the next invoice.

Reservation system only to reserve a device to go to the store. That will make u pay upfront at the store. However if u do a ship to home option, you can either be billed on ur CC or on your next invoice. Below is what it shows on the site.

Read below.

" When do I get billed for my pre-order or backorder device?

For pick up in store orders, you will be charged a fully refundable $40 fee + tax which will be returned to you either upon cancellation or pick up of your device.

For ship to home orders, you are either charged via credit card at the time of your order or if you are upgrading a device, you may have selected to be billed via your monthly bill. Ship to home orders require upfront payment even though your device will be shipped as soon as inventory becomes available, likewise your price plan change associated with your upgrade will also become effective at the time of order completion."
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi there,

When I got my iPhone 6s plus 2 years ago, i was able to reserve an appointment with my local Apple Store and do a Rogers upgrade at the Apple Store itself. There were Rogers reps there to assist with any issues that came up. Is this no longer being done?

Thanks!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

RogersDirect.ca iPhone X Start Time

Dear Meowmix,

I'm a Rogers Business customer. Each year, I think the Business site RogersDirect.ca opens at around 7am EST to start taking orders. Do you think the time will be the same this year for the iPhone X? Please advise, and thank you!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Rainforest99

It most likely will be opening up 6-7am EST. Every launch the business direct site opens up on time or an hour later.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mido_atta

Yes you are able to do that this year. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't be surprised if many can not get it in their hands on launch. Even from Apple.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Meowmix

Oh dear. I'm in Vancouver, so that means if it opens at 6am, I need to wake up at 3am. I don't remember it opening at 6am EST before. You sure about that? I remember it being 7am EST normally, but I could be wrong.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Rainforest99

Lady year it was at 6:06AM EST and it's always been between 6-8am EST. The earliest they did it was once at 3Am EST and that was the first and last time they did it. It's always been between 6-8am EST but mostly 6am. EST. I know this as i run all the reservation threads on here since 2012 and have communicated to to many Rogers reps and been given the time before. That's how some of us came on and got our lowest reservation numbers.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Meowmix

You're amazing! One last question.... it's reserved at RogersDirect.Ca for business accounts, right? Just want to make sure. I need to order two iPhone X's.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Rainforest99

That is correct! That website is only for business accounts and not regular consumer accounts.

Also i do believe you can ONLY reserve 1 device at a time ( for the same model).
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Meowmix

When I say two iPhone X, I mean one for each of two different phone lines. Not two for myself. I think this should be ok, right?