Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

@Meowmix - Yeah, I called on Saturday.. they gave me a credit on my bill which is nice, but doesn't really change anything. Meanwhile, I'm here with my iphone 6 that I have to charge 6-10 times a day. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @irvluftig

If you aren't a business or corporate customer, then you can go into any apple store or Rogers store and see if they have one and pick it up from them.

If you are a business / corporate customer then there is a few authorized dealers which may have some devices in stock and can do it for ur account. U need to call them before hand
Highlighted
I've Been Around

how do I check my status, when I go to manage my existing reservation it tries to make me create a new reservation.

edit: nvm just read this;

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone.  This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS). Please do remember. Using the SHIP TO HOME option does NOT give u any insight of updates or status. You will only get notified when it ships out. 

BS

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@murderous

Yes as i posted that on page 1,post 1. Unfortunately that's how that system works.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix

the apple store does have replacement 8's.  My gf got one on the weekend because she needed to swap out the iphone 8 that we picked up on Friday.

She kept the original box and accessories from the rogers iphone and apple just took her phone and gave her a replacement.  It came in a small box (not a large retail box with accessories, etc).  So they do have warranty replacement 8's available...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

All Apple replacements are brand new ( even though they are in a white little box). That's what I was saying. Apple NEVER gives its customers reused or refurbished models. I noticed that with my 7 Plus and my girlfriend's 7 as well. The white little box is replacement devices but new ones not returned or refurbished.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ah I see what you mean

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Yeah. Other manufacturers will give out reused or refurbished models which work but taken apart to put new battery / screen and sensors. Apple just has little white boxes of brand new iPhones and call them replacements.

They did this also with my Beats Studio Matte Black edition. They would send me new ones using a box and the headphones would be in a little clear bag. Also with my charge as well.

Spoke to Apple about this and they said they rather give new ones our ( in a while little box) rather then used or refurbished models as they strive to give excellent quality and experience customer service.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

is the wireless charger available to buy already?

and how much will it cost?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ziglaub

The official one from Apple? No it's not. You can get a third party one at the moment. I believe it will cost $90-$120 per unit CAD.

Those depend on price as well. Check online and see.