Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @amy84

Yes that is correct.. I mentioned this here plenty of times! :). Maybe u didn't read it! It's okay. Although it's good to know now!

St Catherines got that many because there barely is any Rogers stores around other then the 2-3 I believe. Also in Toronto most stores have then in stock for walk ins. Even the Eatons center and Fairview mall. Surprisingly alot of tech sites said this was a pretty bad launch if not worse as stores didn't have massive line ups and if they did, only 50 or so waited vs the hundreds that do. MS and 9to5mac posted this too.

I went by the Eatons center around 10am and to be honest I saw more people lining up at the food court or other stores more then the Apple store and that shows alot. The reps at the Apple store even were shocked at this.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So will the process on October 27th look like this:

Login to myrogers

click on usage and services tab

click on your plan from  drop down menu (usage and services)

click on upgrade my device 

on the day of the 27th the iPhone X will be there

Or:

use the Rogers Device Registration link.

?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @richelsd

Both from what I am told.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

interesting about paying in store for the phone, because i confirmed during my preorder over twitter and they said i wouldn't have to pay anything in store. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You don’t pay in store for upgrades they are added to your bill unless you are a new customer I believe
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Th1ef check out @amy84's post on the previous page.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Th1ef

I confirmed this and posted it a couple of times as well.

You pay in store upfront for the upgrades. The upgrade fee is added to ur invoice instead but the device price u pay upfront. This changed last year.

" Hello ziglaub

As posted on page 31.

" 64GB - $677 with taxes included.
256GB - $902 with taxes included."

Connection fee is added to your invoice. You do not pay this at the store. You only pay the device price per ur plan and the taxes. If you add any cases / AppeCare+ or anything else, you can add the pricing of the phone, whatever u get and taxes. You will get the total for all."

Page 11

" All upgraded done in store since last year you now have to pay the sub price in store. The only thing that appears on ur next invoice is your upgrade fee. "
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @irvluftig

As posted a couple of times that you need to. Pay in store upfront the device price for the phone and anything else u buy. The only thing that is added to ur invoice is the connection fee and upgrade fee.

On page 32 as a reply to someone else.

" Hello ziglaub

As posted on page 31.

" 64GB - $677 with taxes included.
256GB - $902 with taxes included."

Connection fee is added to your invoice. You do not pay this at the store. You only pay the device price per ur plan and the taxes. If you add any cases / AppeCare+ or anything else, you can add the pricing of the phone, whatever u get and taxes. You will get the total for all."

Page 11

" All upgraded done in store since last year you now have to pay the sub price in store. The only thing that appears on ur next invoice is your upgrade fee. "
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh that’s lovely.

Thank you Rogers

So I pay up front for the device $999 and the connection fee is added to my bill $40
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Any chance of delivery on saturdays? My status now says in progress “finalization”. Don’t want to wait around on a nice day like this if there’s no chance?