Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Thanks meow. The 2am pre order was for my apple watch........hahaha...

Thanks for the info.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @richelsd

You are welcome!

It opened up around 6am EST last year. I was #3 for that one and I got the email reservation around 6:05am EST.

Either way, we can't base it off of last year's and this years anyways. With the iPhone 6 they opened it up shortly after 3am EST. So there is no set time.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

thank you.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Just wondering if you have any idea on the pricing for the iPhone X. I don't know whether to pre-order for the 8 or X?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Base it on the feature set that works best for you

Depending on how you take care of your stuff it could be the device you have for the next 2 years.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Sportygurl0302

Unfortunately at this moment the pricing for the 2yr term isn't available yet. Most likely the 64GB will around $500-$600 meanwhile the 256GB could be $600-749 upfront. This will be available when they announce the pricing near the launch date of the X.

Ultimately its up to you. You need to check out both devices and see which one fits you with the features they have.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm really debating if I should keep my order or not.

I have a 6s so I'm due for an upgrade.
I KNOW I want a plus this time, and I like all the cool features of the 8plus all but the glass.

I've never broken a screen before luckily, however, I guess I need to hold the phone in my hand and make that choice.

I'm actually debating getting a 7plus instead - not a normal move for me to go "older" if you will - but, I don't need 256 and I need a bit more than 64, I'm pretty sure.

The glass though.. that's what's making me nervous.

Thoughts anyone?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for starting this thread - it's been very helpful!! I have pre-ordered my phone and could not tell what the status was - this thread helped! I'm just going to try to await patiently 🙂

I do have a question (hope it is okay to post in this thread). When I called Rogers to upgrade my device, I was told that I was on a corporate plan that is no longer available (75 plus bundle). Basically, I was paying $67 / month with 3gb data, unlimited Canada-wide calling, unlimited text (canada-wide), visual voicemail, caller ID etc). 

Now, I've been told I need to upgrade to the Premium Plus or Premium Tab (I get a discount from work) so the Premium + Tab ($105) plan would cost me less but I now lose my visual / text voicemail 😞

The iPhone 8 plus (64GB) would cost $359 + tax. My question is, is it better to go on the Premium + tab and pay less for the phone or go on a Premium only tab and save monthly? How much more would I be paying for the 8 plus if  I were to go with the Premium only tab? I usually upgrade every 2 years. 

What about the SmartTab? How much would the phone cost if I were to go with the $85 plan (unlimited Canada-wide calling)?

Thanks so much!

Nadia

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @amy64

Honestly it's up to you. I would go with the 128GB 7 Plus really if u need to. Wait until next year to get the other one as I am pretty sure they will bring back the 128GB.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

iPhone 8 Plus 64GB Space Grey - now IN PROGRESS (was #1)!
MI