Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amy84
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hey! I'm on a legacy loyalty prem plan too.. I have 3 lines and adding a potential fourth..
was wondering how you went about getting the additional $ off?

All of my lines currently, are free agents and with no Apple Watch connectivity for a while, not sure how I want to leverage that to rogers.

curious, did you change your plan too? I could use some additional gigs but not much else..
amy84
I Plan to Stick Around

What's everyone's thoughts on the glass back?

I'll always have a good case on mine but still nervous since it's a lot of money to be handing over for an all glass device.

Apple is playing with fire!

Also - does wireless charging require you to take any cases off to charge?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @amy64

It depends on who u talk to with the loyalty department. They will give u a small discount at times.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @amy64

Since owning a couple of Android device which have the glass back ( current one S8+) u have to be careful on how u drop it or put it down.

Even with the iPhone 4 when the glass back came out, many complained of it cracking when u put it down and some took videos of it without any dropping.

No it does not. U can charge ur phone wirelessly without taking the case off. Even Otterbox let's u do it.

Please remember that fast charging cable and adapter is not included in the iPhone 8 / 8+ and iPhone X. U need to by it separately. Seems bad for paying alot for a phone and then another amount to use the feature it comes with.
KJP15
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix
Thank you!!! And now my final question as i thought i had read this regarding the iphone x - are the sims going to be the same though (ie. can i just pop my iphone 7+ sim into the iphone x), or are they going to be new ones?
If thats the case, what is my roundabout with upgrading another line but then activating it under my number?
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @KJP15

The iPhone X uses Nano sim cards. The same as the iPhone 7 does. So you will be fine. Just switch ur nano sim card over and should start working!
Matthewsl
I'm Here A Lot

I preordered the iPhone 8 plus 64 GB in grey around noon on Friday through the ship to home online. It said the device was out of stock when I preordered, does this mean it's on backorder?
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Matthewsl

Its because the device is not available yet. So it will show not in stock until the launch day. However they have received your pre order. So no its not in back order. Just shows that because the device is not launched yet.
Mark777
I'm Here A Lot

I also have a "Loyalty Plan LGCY Prem Tab" plan for 3 iPhone 6s' and 1 iPhone 6s+ with $600 subsidy each ($500 plus $100 per device instant credit at purchase) when they launched 2 years ago.

When I called in now and spoke to retension / customer relations they are saying my plan doesn't qualify and if I'd like to get a premium tab subsidy (~$500) I would have to switch to a new share everything plan.

Interestingly enough if I look at my bill 1 year into the plan they added the 'LGCY' bit (previously just called just 'Loyalty Plan - Premium Tab'). To me you having LGCY in your plan name will mean you, like me, cannot qualify for a subsidy unless you change your plan and conveniently for Rogers all of the available plans are more expensive than your LGCY one.

Anyway will try to see if I can get somewhere with Retention pre launch and your mileague may vary but for me they just gave me the option to reduce my 3 add-on lines to $35 each (from $55) as the tab expired but the primary cannot be reduced down from $99 (6GB share everything bucket - back when 6GB was considered a lot).

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mark777

Yeah every year they change the plans over and ask u to get the new plans in order to get the phone at a lower price but the plan price it will cost more.