Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

I did pre-order my 6s too  and I got it during the release date. I hope this time it goes the same way. 

Was there any delays for 7Plus orders during the release day last year?

*I'm fishing for information here.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @yckieh568

Yes there was for the Matte Black and massive backlog of orders for the Jet Black.

Pleaae remember all pre orders for each year is different. Everyone's pre orders from year ago or last year also doesn't give the correct information as it may not be the case this year.

I would just wait and see what happens. U will get it but u will know for sure the day before or the day of launch.

Also you can check online via My Rogers under My Device and see if the IMEI number has changed and same with the name of the device. Please remember this happens only the day before launch or the day of launch. This will give u a idea when it's being shipped out.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix
If i preorder the phone as an upgrade on a line of a family member who is on my family plan, but the phone is for me (im not due for an upgrade). I plan to order through apple, so can i just tell them i want to set it up at home? Will the phone be linked with the family members number?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @KJP15

I would suggest doing the reservation to have the phone shipped to the store. This way you can have the store rep upgrade that device to the account you want it to be.

You can do the same online via connecting into the account and picking the link u want to upgrade on. As long as u pick that line u should be fine.

So yes u can 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I looked into how the reservations went last year for the iPhone 7.

It seems people started going to In Progress on the 14th, to Shipped on the 15th, and finally got the call on the 16th, which was the release date for the 7.

So if that trend continues, we should start going In Progress on Wednesday and Shipped on Thursday.

Considering the low demand for these phones, I'm hoping it all goes to plan.
MI
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @markiskander

That is correct but as I said every year is different. Not all the years are the same and we can't base it off from each year. Each model, color and GB is different. Remember the demand for the Jet Black was so high that only 3 people on the reservation got it but many got them at the Rogers store including my self.

As explained before, everyone should start seeing IN PROGRESS within a couple days before hand and will start seeing shipped Thrusday before the launch and onwards to Friday and so on.

Remember Rogers gets a shipment but it does not guarantee u will get it at launch or before anyone else.. I would like to point this out as many just think because they do a reservation, they will get it a launch.

Seeing as u said that there isn't much Buzz and the low demand of the 8 and 8 Plus it should go smoothly but again we can't say for sure.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Given that I'm #1 and #2 for the most common Plus model, you'd think a day 1 delivery is pretty much guaranteed...

Even if it doesn't happen, I bet you'd be able to just walk into a store and get it, since it seems like most people are waiting for the X.
MI
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @markiskander

Yes at that number u will get it at launch...

Yeah most stores will get devices at a launch. Pretty much most are waiting for the X anyways but even then most likely Apple will be limited stock
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix
Last year i ordered and did my upgrade at an apple store because the process through rogers system was just ridiculous.
It was a smooth process doing it through apple. I set it up at home as i hadnt done a backup so i was in and out in about 20 min.

This year i want the iphone x but i want to do the upgrade under another line so that i dont have to pay the remaining amount left on mine, but the phone would be for me. If i go into an apple store and do the upgrade under the other line, can i still set the phone up with my phone number at home? Im just not sure if they upgrade under the other line, if the SIM they put in the phone is linked to the other number and not mine.

Sorry if thats confusing :). Hope u understand what im asking.
Im not going through rogers as apple's process and system was way better.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @KJP15

Yes u can! All you have to do is tell them at the store NOT to activate a new sim card on that line u are upgrading on and u will use ur existing one. This way u can just remove ur sim card and insert it into the iPhone X. All the will do is process the upgrade on the line u want and that's that!

Its the same as doing it on ur line just tell. Them not to activate a new sim card on that line and u are set!