Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @Th1ef

The iPhone X will not be available for pre order UNTIL October 27th and launch date is November 3rd.

Pre orders for the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus will start on September 15th ( This Friday)

So only the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus will be launched in September.

" iPhone X will be available in Space Gray and White on November 3rd, with pre-orders starting on October 27th. The base model is priced at $1,319 CAD and includes 64GB of internal storage. The company will also offer a 256GB model.

Meanwhile the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus "Pre-orders for the phones will go live on September 15th, ahead of their September 22nd launch date. Canadians will be able to choose between silver, gold and space grey colour options for both the iPhone 8 and the iPhone 8 Plus. The 64GB model iPhone 8 model starts at $929, while the 256GB model will cost $1,139. Meanwhile, the iPhone 8 Plus begins at $1059 for 64GB of internal storage, with the 256GB model set to cost $1,269.""
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Welcome back. Unfortunately due to my personal situation and financial situation I will be also sitting out on this one. Actually many are as this is getting a bit ridiculous on the pricing.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Here's kind of a ridiculous question...

since ive never reserved any other device on any other day, would the reservation system for the 'X' model work the same on Oct. 27?

same times, same process?

Hello @Th1ef and @nasa25, weclcome back!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ragu13

Yes it will. They will add the iPhone X om October 27th on the reservation system just like they do with all phones when they have a set pre order date.

Most likely the same time but no one knows and but same process. It can be anytime during that day. Morning, middle of the day or night. The process is the same though.
I Plan to Stick Around

maybe this year I'll actually be successful with the reservation system.. 3rd times the charm. Despite being like #6 last year the system still failed me on the first day launch and I ended up going to a retail store to buy it that evening.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Th1ef

Hopefully this year it works out for u!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Glad to see you here as well meowmix. You’ve done a great job on these threads over the years

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Meowmix,

Back again, great to see the gang back together Smiley Happy

I'm still debating whether to upgrade or not. I currently have the 6s so the 8 would be an okay upgrade but am not sure how much better it is really. The X is nice but I want to wait to see how it performs. Might be better holding off until next year. Decisions, decisions 😊
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers website has the information up for the 8 and the X but no pricing info

Also a small printing error...it says in the title screen that the preorders start 10/27 but on the actual 'X' information screen it says preorders start on 11/27

Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come with all the confusion of last year all over again lol

No plan pricing as of as of yet however based on the current 7 plus pricing I assume the 8 plus will be 50 bucks more with any plan and the 'X' could be as much as 150 more

Amazing that a phone costs as much as a laptop to buy outright...Yikes!!!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ragu13

Most likely it's a screw up on the date. The release date for the iPhone X is November 3rd. Smiley Happy

Yeah that's true. More however I have gotten a source to tell me the iPhone X 256GB will be $649-$700. So roughly you will end up paying almost $1,000 upfront for it IF you buy the AppleCare+ and the devices on a 2yr term.