Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

That would be a steeper increase than what the increase of the unsubsidised price is though.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ThePunisher

Yeah that's what I have heard as well but I heard differently as well. Who knows right
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jackthecompguy

Lol I agree with you. Sooner or later we will be paying $800 for a device on a contract lol.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Same boat here, I want the 128GB and if that's going to cost $800 with a contract I might as well just get it from Apple although it's going to kill me to spend that much on a phone.  Still not decided, thought I'd preorder it anyway and I have a week before it ships to change my mind so I can see how iOS 9 works on my existing phone and then decide from there.  

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @magrat22

Yeah I agree with you on that!
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Enthusiast

Another point to add is that the increase in prices is solely due to the exchange rate. If you take apples usd pricing for unlocked iPhones and multiply it by the cad to usd exchange rate, you'll get almost exactly the price on the apple.ca website.

Where we as the customer is in the foreign exchange rate risk. We are shouldering the entire burden. Rogers gives us a set subsidy regardless of whether the Canadian dollar is weak or strong but the exchange rate is accounted for in the true price of the phone. So we are shouldering the entire foreign exchange burden. Think of the extra $150 we have to pay as a foreign exchange loss. We absorb the entire loss.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Enthusiast

*where we as the customer LOSE
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Even apple care has gone up to $169, not that I've ever bought it, but I know a lot do.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AccordTR & @nasa25x

I used to by Apple care every time i upgraded with Rogers ( got it at the Rogers store) but even at $169 it seems a lot but then again if you are paying for a device that much, its worth it. 

At the end of the day, some will back off & some will get it under a contract no matter what the price is. Sooner or later the prices will drop if the Canadian dollar goes up. 

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Enthusiast

Actually there's a small diff when i account for exchange rates. $749 usd for the 64 6s converts to $992 cad. Given the $1029 price on the apple.ca website, there's an addl markup of around 38 bucks on this model