Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello @mixedbreed

Most likely cancellations is due to the drop.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I was 45 out of 240 for an iPhone 6s Plus 128 gb (business customer). Today, Sunday, I reserved the phone I wanted at Square One Apple Store and went in at 12:45 pm. I was out of the store a half hour later with my new phone.

Yeah!!!!!

I cancelled my Rogers reservation soon after.

Phone is awesome.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix sorry let me ask the question a different way. My plan was to walk into Rogers, buy the phone outright and continue with my current plan. Because of the wait I was wondering if I could do the same with Apple. I don't want to sign up for a new contract as I'll lose my current plan. If I buy an unlocked phone from Apple can I just pop in a SIM card and that's it? Also is a hardware upgrade considered different than bringing your own phone?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@elvtnedge

It's actually better to buy the phone from apple since it will be unlocked, if you buy it from Rogers it will be locked and you'd need to pay $50 to have it unlocked.. there's no benefit to buying it outright from Rogers.  Just pop your old sim card into the new iphone 6s and it should work, usually Apple would test the phone for you when you buy it from them, if it doesn't they will give you a new sim card and activate it in store for you.  So please go get it from Apple store rather than Rogers if you're buying it outright, you keep your plan, nothing changes.  You just save yourself $50 if you ever wanted to have it unlocked in the future.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Got a call from Rogers saying that my iPhone 6s Plus Rose Gold was in. Picked up my phone at 3:30. All is good.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi @Meowmix,

You wrote:

-------------

"Ur missing the point. Apple controls the stock, prices and everything when it comes down to the carriers. So if Apple doesn't send anything to Rogers, how is that Rogers fault ?"

--------------

I think *you're* missing the point - this is not an Apple stock issue it's a Rogers stock issue -- Rogers should have put some stock aside for Reservations, not blame Apple for sending too few units. Of course you will sell out, the point is to assign the stock you do receive properly.

It's like I'm reserving a table at a restaurant only to arrive and them telling me 'well we had so many walk-ins so you're table is gone' -- that's the whole point of taking a reservation is to make sure you are put ahead of people. Why did I bother getting up at an ungodly hour to place my reservation to ensure I'm one of the first ones to only later find out that this was completely meaningless.

If Rogers received say 100 iPhone 6S+ 128GB Space Grey phones nationally - why not put at least 10 or 20 aside toward the reservation list? Just because I 'only' put $40 down for the reservation doesn't mean I'm any less valuable than someone that pre-paid after me. Even if I didn't pick it up for some reason, you have like 200+ people behind me that can use the phone or the store can sell it to a walk-in.

Anyway as usual this experience is quite frustrating with again complete lack of transparancy from Rogers at the time the reservation system came live all the way to now with me going to a Rogers store, calling in with everyone having their own 'theorys' of what's going on and when I am to expect the line to start moving.

Sure you can blame Apple for not shipping you enough phones or you could take responsibility and maybe apologize for you not assigning *any* stock to the national Rogers reservation list. Maybe, I don't know, fix the problem for next year, find out how many phones were ordered, how many phones were received, how many phones are still waiting to be sent to the pre-order queue and when you estimate the reservation list to start receiving phones.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm suppose to believe Rogers didn't get ONE 6S+ 64gb Silver and only THREE 6S+ 64gb RG.. Right.. They must think we are really niave
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Just an FYI to anyone interested in the glass screen protector, and we're asking if it will affect the 3d touch.... I put one on my 6s+, and it works perfectly!!! I haven't found the slightest loss in sensitivity.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mark777

I would highly suggest sending them to Rogers management as i don't work for Rogers and can't really do anything with that information. I do agree with u though
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @canamera

Very nice! I might by it now!