Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Mine now changed to "Pending Response from V21" -- anyone know what that means?!

I Plan to Stick Around

@vniven

That's exactly what happened last year to one of my friend. 

She reserved one via Rogers Reservation System, but she got her device in November.

Like many people said on this thread, last year was a disaster.

If I don't see any changes tonight from OPEN status (currently sitting at #11), which means Rogers basically got no iPhone6s+ RoseGold 128GB in stock. If I go to the store Friday morning and they have one in stock, then I would never use reservation system. It's just pointless.

I Plan to Stick Around

@ragu13 oh yah, definitely agree that consumers are better off now than we were with 3 yr contracts. Wasn't trying to say the opposite at all. I just meant that with the change to 2yr contracts, the landscape is different regarding phone subsidies and the real value of them has changed given we pay more for the plan now when buying a subsidized phone. 

Given that, we should realize that the value of getting a phone through our carriers has diminished greatly, and for many more people now, it would be better to pay for the phones unlocked directly from Apple. Their system for reserving / pick-up at the store this year was also really easy /straightforward with lots of available stock. 

For me, I was already on the Share Everything+ plan (my wife got the 6+ last year and makes sense for us to share our data), and I changed to the + plan a few weeks ago to get the free Spotify accounta, so I was fine pre-ordering and saving the $40 connection fee, but may not be the case for everyone. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone know what to type into the ups to search if you don't have a tracking number yet.. Is the "shipping reference" your postal code, the order number given by rogers, some else?  I'm hoping to "find" my pre-order shipment (assuming they didn't lost it or ignore it) - Rogers isn't exactly being the most helpful.

I Plan to Stick Around

@SummerlyGenie

ditto — i'm going to check tomorrow to see if i see any 128gb rose gold 6s+ in stock in my area. if so, i will be very, very upset. that would be so inconsiderate!

I Plan to Stick Around

@wassefr when I called, I did not push the button (I think #) to get more info about the iPhone 6s. I assume that's what you did.

I went to Sales, and then Mobile Phone upgrades (something like that), and was able to talk to a real human.
I Plan to Stick Around

@sklov

Same boat. I called in to reserve when the opened on the 12th also. Was #4 in the queue until yesterday when the position changed to yours (escalated/priority). Disheartening to see people that were 400 in the queue get them while I am still in limbo. I don't mind waiting if someone could just give a straight answer as to what that status means. Every agent gives me  a different store.

I Plan to Stick Around

Nevermind - mine now says Order In Progress (Activation). 

I Plan to Stick Around

To those who made a reservation on 6S Plus 128GB Grey. What are your status?
@Meowmix

I Plan to Stick Around

I did the math and buying the phone from Apple would cost be about $20 a month more over a 2 year period. Not that big a deal and it's unlocked.