Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

I want to buy the iphone 6s 32 GB from the Apple Store as Rogers is more expensive. I have a current plan that I dont want to change. what will I have to do to get is set up with rogers and my current existing plan? Is the new phone unlocked? etc.

thanks

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ART1

Welcome to the forums!

All devices bought outright from Apple are factory unlocked. So they won't lock to any carrier.

Secondly you will need to purchase a nano sim card from a Rogers store which is $9.99 + taxes. The store can activate this sim card for you at no cost to you. Then pop in the sim card and you are done!

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers doesnt need the phones serial number? And can I use the my iphone5 sim card?

thanks for you help!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ART1

Nope They do Not!. Yes U Can
I've Been Here Awhile

I ordered 2 Iphone 6S Plus' last month and was told they are on backorder.  When I go to the stores, they all have them.  The website says nothing about a backorder.  Everytime I call they say 15 days.  Any idea why a past model phone is on a long backorder?  Can't I not just pick up in store?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @2repou

The iPhone 6S and 6S Plus were on a amazing deal during black Friday and cyber Monday which ended their supply. Now it's up to Apple how many units come to Rogers not the other way around.

Unfortunately if u did the upgrade over the phone or online, u can not get the device in store as the upgrade has already been done and just awaiting on the device it self.

NOW u might be able to cancel the order and hope into the Rogers store and see if the system has reflected the cancel order and get it.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

FINE.  I will try to be patientSmiley Wink