Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

After watching and watching the reservations and reading on different community boards I got frustrated last night and started making some calls.  Just wanted to pass along all the info I found out so that others can be informed as well. 

I placed two orders on Sept 12th for a 64gb 6s rose gold and a 16gb 6s gold.  They sat in open the entire time.  When I saw my position move down from 2 out of 121 to 1 out of 8 I thought hmmm this is pretty odd.  How, if there was 121 on order and I was number 2, did 113 people drop from the que and I only moved one position?  I could see a few people dropping but not 113.  I called into Rogers to discuss and they said there was absolutely no issues with either of my orders and the rep I got couldn't answer any questions regarding the que as he said there are multiple ques and the position within the que isn't necessarily where I am in line.  It's based off of the time stamp from when you placed the order.  Ok fair enough.  I can understand that.  Except as I read through other community boards I was finding out that other business customers that ordered through the reservation system on September 24th received their devices on September 26th.  Wouldn't have alarmed me except that they ordered the exact same models of phones as I did.  So how does someone that placed the order 12 days after me get their devices before me?  I called Rogers again to discuss this, still said no issues with my order and they said it must have been a glitch for the other people that received theirs before me.  Now I'm not happy.  What is the point in reserving a device if there is no rhyme or reason to the reservation system?  So reading through these posts I saw people had been able to go to apple or best buy to get their devices and have the device price (as long as you are doing a hardware upgrade) added to their next bill.  I questioned that on here and got confirmation that yes that is accurate, if you are a rogers customer doing a hardware upgrade the cost of the phone is added to your bill.  If you are purchasing the phone outright (no contract) then you have to pay in store.  So I called a Rogers store in my area (I'm in Kitchener by the way) and they told me they had the 16gb gold 6s but haven't seen a rose gold in any model.  So I then called best buy.  Confirmed with them that the device cost for the upgrade would be added to my bill (just to be sure I got no surprises when I got to the store) and they had both devices in stock.  I was told they had plenty of inventory on all devices.  Went into the store had the phones set up within 30 minutes and was on my way.  Plus I got two cases with a 15% discount.  When I mentioned to the girl in the store what I had gone through with the reservation system she said she has seen that multiple times when apple launches a new device and for the most part you are lucky if you see the phone within the first month of release. 

I basically just wanted to share my story so that other people going through the same thing know they have options.  Call around to your local best buy or apple stores.  Confirm they have the inventory for the model you want and spend the 30 minutes in store setting it up.  Remember to log in and cancel your resesrvation once you get your device from the store.  The reservation system will keep you waiting and frustrated as you can never really tell where you are in line and nobody at Rogers can accurately answer that question.  Save yourself the surfing through community boards in frustration for answers.  And if this information helps even one person than the time I spent posting it is worth it!  Hope everyone enjoys their phones once they get them.  I absolutely love mine!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @brodger

Really? Another year and another stolen or lost device due to UPS mishaps. U would contact their investigation team and or a manager at their head office.
I Plan to Stick Around

>> I placed two orders on Sept 12th for a 64gb 6s rose gold and a 16gb 6s gold.  They sat in open the entire time. 

On the corporate side (secure.rogersdirect.ca) I believe you want to be in the status "In Progress(Pre fulfillment)".  I had to call in and get them to approve my reservation after making it.  The first time I called in, the person I spoke to didn't do anything other than tell me everything looked fine.  But the order stayed at "open".  I called back days later and spoke to someone else, who approved the reservation, which updated my status to "In Progress(Pre fulfillment)".  I suspect you need to speak to someone who understands the process for corporate accounts.  It's possible that your reservations got passed over because they hadn't been approved yet.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes and I did call in a few times but I have seen a lot of posts about peoples status being in open as well. So your information along with mine will be beneficial to anyone still waiting. I've cancelled my reservations as I went in store to pick them up.
I Plan to Stick Around

There are absolutely no excuses for being so late on the 6s. There are plenty of stock for the 6s, only the 6s Plus is having a slight shortage.

I "preorderd" a 6s 64gb space grey and "reserved" a 6s+ 64gb rose gold, the preorder from Rogers was delivered to me right away on the start date (Sept 25th) whereas the 6s+ is still ranked #88 as of now

I Plan to Stick Around

Is anyone else having trouble accessing rogers direct? I try to log in but it seems to just refresh the page and I can't get anywhere. I called about it a few times and was told it's 'glitchy'. I'd really like to just log on to see my status rather than to have to call every time.
I Plan to Stick Around

sometimes when you get into community forum and then click myrogers, it works...that's how I saw my status, still at IN PROGRESS

I Plan to Stick Around

@omro wrote:

I logged in again just now and once again I'm greeted with a screen that says

"No order found."

I'm definitely concerned now.

@omro hmm same here, definitely thought it would be back up by now. Anyone else on corporate/business reservation notice their order go missing?

I Plan to Stick Around

For anyone having issues with accessing their Rogers direct for corp. or business accounts
Try to search for the order using the top right corner tap
you will need order number , first name and phone number
Hope that help,
I Plan to Stick Around

it's the other right lol, meaning left corner
Sorry for the brain fart !