Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

I reserved the 6S plus 128GB rose pink at Rogers a week ago. My initial position was 271. It went down to 255 yesterday and today it went up to 268! How is that possible. I am so frustrated
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That is BS that all the preorders get filled before reservations.. First of all, it makes no sense to have 2 separate categories, secondly we were told multiple times preorders will not get priority. How does Rogers manage to screw up every single launch??? And this is Canada's leading cell company?
I'm Here A Lot

They screwed up when they released the note 4 too. It's not Apple. That's why my husband went to Bell! I should do the same. I'm really mad at Rogers!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Robertinha

Unfortunately this isn't a Note 4 thread and sadly it does come down to Apple controlling the stock. Please read a few pages back to understand it. Rogers did screw up with the Note 4 but in a different way. Also Bell is having the same issues with the iPhone 6S as well..
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @elvtnedge

Yes it does bind u into a contract. I would say just use the points towards ur bill as a hill credit. That way is easier I find.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Robertinha

Hmm maybe the system is having issues right now. I know that happened with my a while back but went back to normal.
I'm Here A Lot

If you read my original post you'd note that I'm here to discuss my issue with the apple pre order. I'm just referencing the galaxy because Rogers did the same thing when we pre ordered it. A position number for the reservation should never go up. It makes no sense. Thank you for your message though
I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah I've heard the stories of people jumping up and down on the position for devices.  That literally makes no sense. How is it possible. Mine is still listed as Position: 1 and Status: Open. So I will be really interested to hear if other people get the device before me. Logically thinking, I will be the first person in the country to get it through the reservation system.  If someone else got the 6S+128gb rose gold before me without even having to reserve it, I would be pretty upset. I'm sorry, but isn't point of the reservation system to ensure you get the device??? Rogers should have a rough idea of their stock coming in.  They know what they're being sent, because they pay for ahead of time from Apple, it isn't some big guessing game as to what is coming from Apple.  Rogers is a huge company, they should be able to manage distribution and dole out devices.  Based on my experience, I guess they didn't recieve even one of the devices I reserved. I find it hard to believe that they got not even one single 6S+128 RG. If they did, I would assume that I would have my device, or at the bare minimum have an update as the status of the order or ETA of the device. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Robertinha

Rogers did not do the same thing as what is going on in here sadly. Ur missing the point. Apple controls the stock, prices and everything when it comes down to the carriers. So if Apple doesn't send anything to Rogers, how is that Rogers fault ?...

Rogers screwed up with the Note 4 due to shipping problems that they had with their inventory system.
I Plan to Stick Around

Even though it's Sunday, my reservation numbers have come down two spots to: 48 and 51

iPhone 6S Plus 64GB Rose Gold