Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello,
Im wondering when would the best time to pick up my reserved phone from Rogers .. The location is in a mall.. Should I go first thing in the morning or would it be better to go around 11/12 in the afternoon .. Or wait till even later? Not sure when and if all the commotion will settle down. (I'm 8 months pregnant so not really up for standing in a huge line lol)
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm #199 on the iPhone 6s Plus 64GB Grey line with a status of OPEN.

When do you guys believe this will ship? And, do you think the odds of walking in to a store tomorrow are good?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Rheann

I am going in the morning. My store just called and told me they are opening at 10am. So I'll be waiting outside the store from 5am lol.

I would say morning is best but the system may crash.  Mid day is okay and evening everyone will go after work 

I've Been Here Awhile

Wondering why everyone is so concerned that they won't get their phones tomorrow? Is there a link to somewhere that says that Rogers isn't getting very many, or that Apple is releasing so few?

I'm #596 for 6S+ RG.. which is by far the worst number i've seen on here (went down from 675 a couple days ago) and i find it hard to believe that I'm not going to get a call about picking up my phone this weekend. I mean really... i would think that Rogers would get at least 1000 of each model/colour Canada wide... that's just 8000 phones for 450 stores (17 phones per store) . I think people concerned that they aren't getting at least a couple hundred of each are perhaps a little paranoid?

PS, im dying to get my phone cuz my iphone5 died last week and I'm on a cracked 3gs now.Smiley Sad

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @salazr

Depends on how many units the stores will get. U can try ur chances and wait outside and see.
I've Been Here Awhile

Only Rogers knows how many units they have to distribute tomorrow and they're not talking.  Lets say they got in 10K units of all types for processing to fulfill customer orders tomorrow.  They have to individually identify which type of phone it going to an individual customer and do 1 of 2 things, email a notification to that client and arrange to have a phone shipped out to that client via UPS.  Or ship x units to both their corporate and franchise stores, still notifying select customers that your dream has come true.

Each step of the process from inventory control to order fulfillment and finally shipping the units out is labour intensive.  Rogers has to track what goes where and to whom so that if there are questions as to why you billed me for a phone i didn;t receive, they can get to the bottom of things.

I remember when the iPhone 5S came out, some stores didn't get a shipment of new phones for the first few weeks, not days, weeks!!!  Corporate stores got them first and usually those with large orders.

I Plan to Stick Around

Took the words right out of my mouth lol I feel like the world is coming to an end or something and everyone needs an iPhone ! I'm excited but have waited a month before no biggie I have a 6 still
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Jenn6s people are concerned because people with numbers #1-10 or #50 or #100 for 128gb gold and rose gold 6S+ models are still "OPEN" the evening before launch with no progress at all since reservations opened. at this point, it would be lucky if you got your phone this weekend as #596.

I Plan to Stick Around

Mine shipped as well @mvannie. The world is as it should be. Enjoy . . .
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix Thanks for the info. So that's where the problem is coming from. Apple's control on the inventory. I used to believe that when people pre-ordered or make a reservation on the 12th, Apple will match those numbers and send all of it to Rogers but it seems like it doesn't work that way. Oh well. We'll get it soon enough. 🙂