Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

I know it's tuff waiting folks...just be patient, we'll all have them soon enough, and next year we'll be complaining about all this all over again...hahahahaha
I Plan to Stick Around

@canamera

I know man. and for the record, I'm not blaming Rogers. Maybe its just that we have a very big expectation because its "Canada's largest wireless carrier".

I've Been Here Awhile

I think it's a matter of logistics.  It's one thing for Apple to put thousands of new iPhones on skids and ship them around the world to both their retail stores and to cellular providers.  You then have to break those shipments apart and send them out to individual stores notifying them that you now have x number of y units on hand to fulfill pre-orders on the 25th.

In the mean time, you've had to box up more units individually and prepare them for shipment to individuals va UPS.  This is VERY labour intensive.

Apple isn't shipping your iPhone directly from China.  They are shipping them by the boat load and have for a while to get stock pile of iPhones available for the launch.  They will never really catch up for weeks...

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I hear you @20three....I blame my mom for making such a patient person, but God knows I'm dying for this phone.

I'm still using a gold 5s that I got on launch day 2 years ago...last year was the only year I didn't upgrade.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Mfeighn okay not to be rude but ... that really isn't labour-intensive at all? that's just standard retail stuff, and rogers is a multi-billion dollar company. a big job for a small business with a few staff? absolutely. for a giant corporation with decades of experience and a supply chain to match? not really ... at all.
I Plan to Stick Around

@aojsn

I reserved #11 RoseGold iPhone6s+ 128GB on 12th at 8:11AM EST.

It still says OPEN.

Yes it's hard to believe Rogers got less than 100 units of the model, but who knows.

Anything is possible at this point.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello guys

Rogers does not control the inventory when it comes to the Apple products. They do not control how many units come and go. They do not control the prices and what not. I am not saying Rogers is not at fault but guys, remember that Rogers can't say or do much unless Apple let's them do it. This is the agreement they signed with Apple. Same with all the carriers. Bell and Telus customers are waiting just like u guys. Again it's both Apple and Rogers fault but nothing can be done. There is no way to control the inventory.
I Plan to Stick Around

@SummerlyGenie

i think that the fact that yours is still open the night before launch is really unimpressive. if rogers has enough stock to fulfill, say, the first hundred, then they should be doing that before they send those units out for general sale to people who didn't pre-order or make a reservation.

alternatively, if they truly don't have enough stock to fulfill even the very first preorders for that model, shouldn't they be communicating something? it's so unnecessarily confusing!
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix but it really doesn't seem possible for apple to have given the largest mobile carrier in canada and one of the largest on the continent less than 100 units of a given 6S model. if that truly is true, then rogers should at least communicate this. by staying silent, it just creates more confusion and frustration.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @aojsn

Please read my post above. You guys don't know or worked in the warehouse. They aren't allowed by Apple agreements to give out that information. Apple controls that. Rogers could simply put a small message but that even u will cause thing.