Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

@20three yup, i made my reservation at 9am local time on the 12th and got my confirmation right after, but i haven't seen any change so far and it doesn't make sense to me to have to wait a week or whatever after launch to get my phone? so far as far as anyone knows, there has been no movement on 128gb 6S+ in rose gold for anyone so i'm reluctant to imagine that it is even possible for me to get it on launch tomorrow, which is fine, but i'd expect it on saturday or sunday.

i mean, i find it hard to believe that rogers hasn't received at least 100 units of any of the models, and i'm #77. reservation customers must come first before sending phones out to "non-reservation stores for general sale".

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@20three

...the delay might have to do with the fact that Apple is shipping millions of iPhones around the world as we speak, not just to Rogers customers that reserved phones.

It has been said millions of times, reserving a phone entitles you to a phone, they never guaranteed you one on launch day.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @aojsn

If your IN PROGRESS ( regular customer) then yes. As they won't hold it for days on end unless something serious happened. If your a business customer and it's In Activation mode then it might take a couple of days. Unless they do a rush out tonight and or tomorrow.
I've Been Around

Just want to add to this forum.  I'm position #4 for the 6s Plus 128GB Silver.  Still in the "Open" status as of Thursday aftertoon... day before release. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @canamera

Its hard to believe that some don't see it that way though. They try to blame Rogers when it's not even their fault. If some users read they will see that there has been this delay and no shipping notices given out to most Bell, Telus and Rogers customers that pre ordered. It's not just Rogers.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@canamera it's not that people don't acknlowledge that apple controls how much stock rogers gets, but rogers is by and large the biggest mobile network operator (by number of subscribers) in canada. they have been working with iphone launches since the launch of the iphone 3G in 2008. they have subsequently been a launch carrier for the iphone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5S, and 6. certainly they would be able to acquire a hundred or two hundred of each iphone model for launch?

since rogers has been working with apple over many iphone launch cycles, i really find it hard to believe that rogers hasn't received a hundred 128gb gold or rose gold 6S+ devices. they know what demand is, and apple hasn't had much of an issue producing stock. yet no one has seen any movement on these for reservations, even with reservations made the morning of september 12th with reservations under spot #100. what gives? rogers is big enough to get an appreciable amount of stock, and they have.

@Meowmix, do you really believe rogers, with almost 10mm subscribers, hasn't received just 100 128gb iphone 6S+ in gold or rose gold?

I Plan to Stick Around

Fingers crossed my iPhone 6s 64gb Rose Gold goes from In Progress to Shipped tonight!! It's been at In Progress since yesterday afternoon so here's hoping!! And hopefully it will arrive at my local Rogers Store tomorrow!!

I only reserved on Saturday night, so that's pretty good.

Sorry to those who reserved early but are still Open. Guess you ordered a popular model?

I myself would love to see the caos in Rogers/bell/telus/Fido/and Apple stores if the millions of iPhones that were reserved were, made available to everyone on launch day....lol would there even be enough employees to attend to everyone demanding they're iPhones in the stores?
I Plan to Stick Around

@Vheshka

Where are you from?

It would probably be less chaotic if they just dropped the phones from the planes from up above...one big free for all...
Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.