Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

I understand the frustrations...I have felt them before as well, however, we should all be aware of the fine print of reservation system.

In the first line of the things to know on the reservation page it specifically states ( and I am pretty sure meowmix has said it more than once)

'You're reservation does not gurantee you will receive a phone on launch day or before everyone else. Rather that you will be among the first to get it'

The fact that Rogers stocks units and also has some for reservations should be a non issue...some people like to reserve, some like to wait in line, some like to do both. Either way, it does say that and we as the customer have a choice to make. Those that communicate in this forum have obviously chosen to reserve through Rogers and should have been aware of that blurb upon pressing the 'I agree to ALL terms' button.

Yes it sucks that we may get our phone on Saturday or Monday instead of Friday when we woke up early to reserve it...but it's better to wait a few extra days for Apple than being stuck with a Samsung isn't it? lol

I Plan to Stick Around

@ragu13 WELL, some are saying it may take weeks, even a month or so...

I Plan to Stick Around

@ragu13 i don't think anyone is THAT frustrated about having to wait one or two extra days past launch (or at least i am not), but the idea of waiting a month or two which has happened before is not what rogers communicates. there is a precedent for that to happen, and there aren't many reassurances so far that things have shaped up this year.

rogers promotes the reservation system by saying "do you want to guarantee you will get a device?" which can be misleading because i don't think anyone will take that to mean after a month or two, when stock isn't really limited at all. i took that quote from the reservation system faq thread posted on the front page of the forum.

I Plan to Stick Around

FYI Guys the ONLY color in 6S+ 128GB that has moved is SPACE GREY.

There has been NO movement on SILVER, GOLD or ROSE GOLD.

I Plan to Stick Around

@danasensfan

Unfortunately the wait we are experiencing has very little to do with Rogers wanting to get us the device we want and more Apple supplying the required stock to Rogers.

All I'm saying is Rogers is not to blame for every stock/shipping delay issue that is being said on the forum...they have to deal with Apple and warehouses and UPS etc.

I don't see anyone copmplaining about Apple only manufacturing 10-15 million units for world wide sales on launch when last years models exceeded 135 million units in the first 6 months of sales...do we think Apple sends Rogers 50% of those phones?

I'm Here A Lot

Just got a email for my PRE ORDER telling me it has been shipped
I Plan to Stick Around

Please post your model/color 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

@hankmoody if this is true, we'll probably see more people posting about it soon. When did you place the pre-order?
I Plan to Stick Around

@aojsn

Rogers promotes guaranteeing a device...but they never guarantee when you will get it.

Please be assured I do not disagree with your sentiment or how any of us feel a little slighted, however, realistically, timing was unfortunately never a guarantee.

I mean not to sound argumentative and if I do, I apologize...it just seems that we are accentuating each others frustrations when we really didn;t have a whole lot of control in the first place.

This is supoposed to be a celebration not a funeral 😉

Spoiler

Spoiler

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@hankmoody luckkkkkkky

you probably order on sept 12!

i was somewhere in spain at that time, so i missed out on first dibs

the higher your order number, the longer itll take.