Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

I did the same thing and I don't even see a delivery status on my Rogers app.  Where do you find that?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

iPhone 6s Plus 128GB Grey

Position: 140

Is there still a chance I could get it tomorrow?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Enthusiast

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Enthusiast

....No
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey Snatcher - click on your wireless number at the bottom, then scroll down the page and it should show up under the Manage My Phone section. Hope that helps.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

As a pre-orderer (through Rogers website hardware upgrade page), I'm still reasonably confident that the phone will ship tonight for delivery tomorrow. I know people have gotten conflicting messages from Rogers reps, but when I called Rogers, they found my pre-order, said it had been processed, and gave me a UPS tracking number (not yet active) that on their system showed a delivery date for tomorrow (9/25). I live in Toronto.

I also have an Apple reservation for tomorrow at noon, but I'd prefer to get the phone directly from Rogers, as you save the $40 connection fee when doing it that way.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @Larabara.  Doesn't show up for me though.  Why am I not surprised.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Also, one thing I've realized is that now that you pay $20/month more on your contract when buying a "subsidized" phone, you're not really getting the phone for that much cheaper buying through a carrier.

1) You save $500 upfront.
2) You pay $20/month more over 24 months ($480 total, probably ~$450 in present value dollars).

Net net, you're really only saving ~$50 getting it subsidized. Assuming you have the money to be able to buy the phone outright, I would definitely just buy phone outright if:

1) You have a great plan from before that is better than the current Share Everything+ plans
2) You're open to switching carriers and want the option to do so more frequently (also allows you to get retention bonuses if you're really willing to switch).

Back in the day of the 3 year contract, a subsidized phone really was a REAL discounted phone (ie. you didn't pay more for your contract). For this discount, what you gave the carrier was 3 years of guaranteed future business. It's no longer like this, and so really the value of getting a "subsidized" phone is greatly decreased.

Especially given all of this commotion about the iPhone launch with Rogers and other carriers, it may make more sense for a lot more people to just buy the phone outright from Apple.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Snatcher @Larabara Ya I don't see anything there either. I wouldn't make much of it at this point.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@christophermkim

Consider this for the 3 year terms...

1) It would seem that the phones were subsidized better since the up front cost wasn't as much...remember, phones 2 or 3 years ago did not cost $1000.00 Rogers/Telus/Bell, etc have to recoup the monies they pay up front to Apple/Samsung, etc. The contract pricing hasn't changed much, it's the overall price of the phone that has skyrocketed

2) On a 3 year term, even if your 'flex tab' was a zero balance prior to the 3 years expiring, were any of the providers discounting your plan cost based on the phone subsidy being paid off already? Never!!

3) Price plans have increased but let's face it...this is a company making a profit. A 1000 dollar phone with a 45 dollar plan would result in a net loss for anyone based on the subsidy they pay up front.

I'm not saying the 2 year plans are cheap and easy, but don't be fooled by the stories of grandeur of 3 year terms, they weren't much better for the customer