Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

@SpykeYs That reservation # is extremely low! For the last few days people have been reporting numbers in the hundreds.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix I understand Rogers doesn't need to do anything, they don't even have to sell the new phone, but if they want to keep customers happy and entice new customers to go to Rogers then they need to make decisions that focus on the customer and their needs.

I think most peoples issue is the lack of information. I think an ETA would be very helpful and even posting how much stock they have received and are receiving, even just the ETA would be nice, that is my issue, I need to know when I will get my phone so I can sell my old one, so I dont have a $1,000,000 bill next month 😛 Tracking info is great but is updated maybe daily?

Long story short is I think if Rogers made customers the deciding factor for their decisions they would not loose so many customers, especially like what happened last year. I also dont get why providers dont think they can go against Apple, like they just do what apple tells them and dont ask any questions.....If I was a business owner and my supplier said I wont tell you how much stock you're getting or when you're going to get it, I would drop them on the spot.

On the flip side too if Apple continutes to short stock places everywhere people will just get fed up and get a different phone.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mattc1989

I understand where you are coming from but who me what carrier or company goes out to their customers ans gives them that information. No carrier does that and barely any company does. Shareholders do not agree with giving that information out publicly as it can cause problems in the long run. Also Apple does not allow it's carriers to give that information out either. So Rogers can not do anything. I am not defending them but I see it both ways which many do not see..

Take a look online and see that Apple for the second time their having shortage problems with the back light screen on the Plus models. You will see it everywhere. The customers that are in the NY and Philadelphia are going to wait a couple of more days due to the issue with UPS not being able to deliver the devices due tote shortage and also the security measures they have in place for to Pope.
I Plan to Stick Around

There are most likely on purpose to create hype for it and make people like crave it like a drug. I am really surprised there havent been any issues at stores.
I Plan to Stick Around

I think Rogers is doing just fine and following the rules like everyone else does because dropping apple products would be a huge loss and not a very smart way to run business. Everyone needs to remember it's just a phone and you will get one regardless. I sell mine every year as well when I get my new one the bill isn't due until the next month anyways so doesn't really matter how high it is to me anyways. I have been with them a good 10 years and had nothing but great service !
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mattc1989

That's what Apple is best at doing. Creating hype for it. That's why they make some wait days or weeks for it.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @lexy

That's great to hear. I have had good and bad experiences with them but again no company is perfect.
I Plan to Stick Around

Exactly! They know that adults go crazy over a phone like little kids with a new toy it's a smart business move lol
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @lexy

Exactly. So what Apple does is create the hype for it and once the release date comes in place they say they are having issues producing the screens. Which in all fairness could be true but again in 2 years u would think Apple would do this. It's all hype that's all. Hopefully they don't bend hahahahaha (even though it was the 7000 series aluminum)
I Plan to Stick Around

Haha ya I never had an issue with my phone bending so funny