Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

@cburke2 @Meowmix

Actually, the text and email Rogers sent implies pre orders get it first. This is a copy and paste from the email I received:

"You're the first to know and can be the first to own. Dear Tyson, Get iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus now and be one of the first to own it."

This is from the Rogershelps twitter account to me: Hello Tyson. I can assure you that your pre-order will arrive prior to the reservations. ^ch

https://twitter.com/RogersHelps/status/646326654411739136

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DueckT0

" can be" is the key in the sentence of the text message u received. Also as for the rep that made that comment, i wonder why reps are making comments like that without knowledge or atleast just say they will come in time.
I Plan to Stick Around

I assume the RogersHelps twitter account has some sort of info on how these orders will be handled, otherwise they wouldn't be smart to make such a definitive comment. That said, that's a pretty bold claim for them to make considering that not a single pre-order has seen any sort of status update whatsoever.

I Plan to Stick Around

I think the main thing is poorly worded communication, not everyone seems to be on the same page as to what the deal is with pre orders...HOWEVER...I am making a lot of assumptions here considering it's not Friday yet. Just too bad there isn't more info on the pre orders so we don't have to ask these stupid questions Smiley Wink

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mike007 & @DueckT0

Guys do remember it's only Tuesday.. That being said, they can't ship out pre orders until Thursday night for Friday delivery. You guys should know this. If they ship them out to customers before the launch, the carrier will have a huge fine and huge problems from Apple. Thus why they haven't shipped those out yet. Reservations go to the store in which can't be released until Friday. If they do not ship them out by Friday then that is when you guys have the right to complain as per what the rep said ( in which in my eyes they should NEVER make a bold statement like that) Just take a breather & go out with your families & enjoy the day. 

As for the rep that made that comment, they need to watch how they say it & not make a bold statement like that as they should know better. I do hope they read that though. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@DueckT0 I'm in exact same boat as you, pre-ordered instead of reserving. I pre-ordered because in the initial hours on launch day, the reservation system didn't have any 6S phones except the 16gb Rose Gole, but the pre-order hardware upgrade page had all the S phones available.

Anyways, I called Rogers and they verified that my order was processed, and even gave me the UPS tracking number that will be used (the number doesn't work yet since it hasn't actually shipped yet but I can use it come Thurs presumably).

If you want to put your fears to rest, just give them a call and they can look up your order and make sure it's processed.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix Agreed seems Rogers isn't getting any gold 6S+ Smiley Frustrated Can I ask though who gets first dibs on stock? Pre orders? Reservations? or anyone else? Smiley Frustrated Seems odd that people with single digit numbers have no movement for that model Smiley Frustrated

Anyone on the list for gold 64 6S+ wanna trade spots ? Smiley Happy Smiley Tongue maybe in the single digits? haha Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

@DueckT0 That's basically my only issue as well with the whole thing. Pre-order to me implies that I will receive this phone as early as possible. Since reservations are getting them Friday, I assume that's the earliest possible time, and so I should get my pre-order then as well.

The wording and communication has been so ambiguous that I think it's just a giant mess. Nobody pre-orders something to be told that they'll eventually get it at an unspecified time/date. Nobody would choose to pay in advance for something that that had no definite delivery date. I want to assume that it was always Rogers' intention to have these pre-orders out on launch day, but expectations have been poorly managed regardless.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, that is VERY true. It's still early. But you know us crazy apple people...GOTTA know what's going on with our phones at all times ha ha Smiley Wink

And I also agree with the rep comment. It's kind of a hard promise to make...Ah well, we shall see what happens in the days to come!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got a call from the Rogers store!!!
They received my iPhone!!! Both of them actually, from the old and new reservation system
They'll prepare the contract so it's faster Friday morning at 9AM!!! She said it's the only one she got from reservation, so I hope I won't have to wait