Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello @Corrode

Unfortunately they will not be able to do that as there is a strict rule on giving phones before the launch date. The rep and store manager can get either fired / huge fine for it if someone sends that information out. They won't risk their jobs and also the system won't even let it go though as the IMEI number and Serial number will get rejected. The price for the device in the system won't be updated until Friday morning.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Corrode

sorry but you have a better chance of seeing Jesus riding a unicorn at Hogwarts compared to receiving your phone prior to the 25th...major fines, terminations or criminal charges could potentially be laid for not following Apple's strict guidelines for new device policies

They'll hold it for 7 days...either get it when you return or don't leave on Thursday lol

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ragu13

They changed it to 3 days now. The seven days isn't applied anymore unless u speak to the store manager and see if they can make a exception and keep it until u come back
I Plan to Stick Around

@ragu13 I agree the process could have been handled much better on their end.

One note though, the 3-5 day shipping is not 3-5 days after launch, but simply 3-5 days from the date it's sent. They're able to get devices to stores for launch day, so there's no reason why they couldn't also get them to people's houses. They can send them a couple days early, which is why people on other carriers have often got their phones a day or two before launch.

Here's the FAQ for anyone who's wondering: http://www.rogers.com/web/support/wireless/online-order/2179?setLanguage=en
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mike007

While that I'd true, there is a strict rule now that Apple will fine the carriers that do that. Thus why when Apple sends out the devices on their end, u see the launch date as a delivery date. Don't go by what other carriers do. Remember that
I Plan to Stick Around

I figured Apple would clamp down on that sooner or later. Maybe that's why Rogers pulled the pre-orders...overnight shipping for that many orders would be expensive.
I Plan to Stick Around

Three days or three business days? I'm away for 5 days, three of them business.

Also, can I go to another Rogers store on launch day and get it there and just forfeit my reservation even though it shipped?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mike007

Most likely that will happen. Most pre orders might leave thrusday night for Friday delivery and stores will either receive the reservations on thrusday or Friday mid day
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Corrode

Yes you can. You can go into another Rogers store and if they have it in stock, u can do the upgrade there and once the store calls u to pick up ur reservation, tell them to sell it to someone else as u don't need it.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix Oh, so a store will be calling me to let me know that my phone has arrived, at which point I can ask them to hold it till Wednesday?