Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

So I had reserved my phone through the old reservation system a couple days ago and got number 8.

Today I saw that the new reservation system had all the models, so I put in a reservation for the same model there to see if it would work and it did. I'm number 36 there.

I am concerned about us not getting our reservations through the old reservation system since it will still let us reserve in the new one. I'm thinking of keep my reservation on the new system just in case.... Any thoughts?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Evocative

My Rogers - Device Reservation is the old reservation page, not the new one. The new one was pre ordering. So if you did that, you are on the original reservation.

Keep both & see what happens. You will get back the $40+ tax reservation fee anyways so might as well.
I'm a Senior Enthusiast

ragu, if an iPhone launch is the most stressful thing in your life then I'd love to have your life lol.

I wonder which reservation system will take precedence as rogers receives the phones....it'd make sense that they fulfill the reservations based on when they were placed.   I'd cancel one of the reservations to open up stock for someone else but I have no idea which one of them will be fulfilled and shipped to the store first lol

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25x

They will most likely put aside some devices for the pre orders & some for the reservations unless they get a huge batch from Apple & barely give any to stores & put most of them towards the pre orders / reservations.
I'm a Senior Enthusiast

meowmix

there was 3 ways to get the phone:

1. pre-order to ship to your house

2. reservation system via web link that charged your cc the $40 fee

3. reservation system via myrogers that charged your account the $40 fee

I really have no idea which reservation system is the old one and new one lol.  I assumed the web link system was the old one and my rogers new one.  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

They took off the web link & now ONLY have the reservation system it seems via my Rogers as they added all the devices on there & also when you go into the iPhone page on Rogers it will say " Reserve" now instead of " Pre Order". They changed it., 

My Rogers - Device Reservation is the original reservation page. That has always been up since they opened the reservation system. The pre order / new link was & seems like a mistake of thos year. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25x

Yes I lead a stress free leisurely life of 'working for the man' lol. So maybe 'stress' was the incorrect term to use...how about 'nervous anticipation?' Lol

It's a good nervous though, love this time of year

For anyone that was unfortunately a test subject under the new way to get a phone (i.e. 'pre order') I just spoke with Rogers support and there is no way to cancel that order prior to shipment...have to get the phone, send it back, and ur account will be credited. I spoke with 4 different reps in 4 different departments and they all said the same thing 'sorry for the inconvenience but we cannot cancel from our end'

It seemed like a pretty decent way to get an upgrade without having to go to the store but obviously from my calls and the fact that it is no longer available online, it was a failed experiment.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ragu13

It seems to have been a experiment to see what will happen & how to confuse customers it seems like. There was NO reason for Rogers to do this in the start anyways but i guess they wanted to confuse so many customers & cause issues that they could have avoided if they just stayed the way it was.

There should be a way to cancel a pre order & not have it shipped. It seems like they are doing it on purpose so no one uses the reservation system & flood the pre orders.
I'm a Senior Enthusiast

Ah yes, just tried it out and while they have a 'pre-order' link on the main page, there's only an option to reserve once you get into the page with the phone options. I guess they replaced 3 systems with one lol
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25x

They most likely did after all the problems / issues they have with 3 of them being live at once. No need for it & i really hope Rogers learned their lesson & not do this again lol