Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello @Serenityreine

Yes that is correct as I posted that a while back but remember last year? The same thing with the 6+. It took Apple a couple of weeks to get more of them due to screen issues being manufactured. You would think they would have learned. I was #7 for the 6+ 128Gb gray last year and got mine the day after launch even though I waited outside the store all night at launch. It seems like Apple is controlling again
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Indeed so @Meowmix. I didn't partake last year but remember the delays. I have a 6S and 6S+ reserved so we'll see.. At least this year I know no matter what, I'll most likely have a new phone on launch without having to line up.. And that's key for me as I don't have the luxury of lining up like previous years (flashback to 4AM lineups for the 4!!).
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Serenityreine

To be honest I love lining up! I will again this year as I have Friday and Saturday off :p. If the device ships to the store before launch that's great. Im pretty sure the stores will have stock but very limited ones
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just reserved through the new reservation system and I'm number 7 for a grey 6s 128go

This thing is weird...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix - I also reserved with Apple, which I'm thinking is the better bet..
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Philpaint

Great number. I think I they did it as they thought there would have been a high demand but realized there wasn't and with everyone confused,they added it back
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Serenityreine

Did I just read that you love lining up? I don't know whether to have you committed or commend you on your dedication. Either way, so long as you get what you want, I support you!

Space grey is the least popular, really? I would have never guessed that, and even being the least popular, still cannot believe I'm #5 this long after preoders opened. Guess I shouldn't complain, I was worried about being 565 last year but still got it at launch...I would imagine I'm a shoe in with #5 this year

So my next question...I was told I could use my rogers rewards with a preorder (upgrade shipped to my house), can they still be used on device reservations to be picked up in store?

You guys/gals are the best, thanks for all the info and helping me pass the time over the most stressful week of my life (for a 3rd straight year lol)

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ragu13

Yes when you go to the store and do the upgrade, ask them to use the points if they don't ask u.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I spoke to somone on the live chat yesterday and she said if I want to get my phone on release date through rogers, I may as well line up at apple. 

"No, the store probably won't have any until everyone that has already reserved it has got one, you can try an Apple store, but I would get your sleeping bag ready. Apple only provides us with a limited stock to build up hype for the phone, we try the best we can to get them as quickly as we can to our customers, but at this point the chances of getting it on the day is not very good." was the response I got when I asked if i should cancel my preorder and pick up my reservation in store haha. 

this is ridicoulus! The least they could do is give us information, not just give us no easy way of pre-ordering. I pre-ordered and reserve two in store (one at rogers, and one at my brother's store) i'm pretty sure i can get it on release day at my brothers location but i'd rather just know if pre-ordering is even worth it haha..

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Manarclarke

The rep does have a point as carriers and even best buy get limited stock but that doesn't mean u will not get it. I got my reservation the next day from launch last year. Keep your reservation

EDIT - It seems Rogers has removed the " Pre Order" page / click on the page as now it shows " Reserve". I guess they realized their mistake & changed it.