Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello @Mike007

That is another version of pre ordering. Is basically a upgrade and when the phone gets released or shipped, it will ship to ur home. You won't see any status or information Until u get the email that it shipped.

Reservations as u know shows u all this information and u can have it shipped to ur and do it as a new activations, upgrade or outrigh purchase
I'm a Senior Enthusiast

Preorder is billed to your account immediately and shipped to your house on or after sept 25th. You'd have gotten a sales order number if you preordered. A reservation goes to the store of your choice and when you pick up the phone then your account is billed. With a preorder you're basically paying for the phone 2 weeks + in advance. Plus I don't think you can use Rogers rewards points with a preorder but you can in store with a reservation when you pick up the phone
I Plan to Stick Around

Is the preorder generally faster? I know the reservation for my iPhone 5 took weeks to come in after release.

I Plan to Stick Around

I pre-ordered iPhone 6S 64gb rsgd. I called and confirmed I'm #55 in line, as well as redeeming my Rogers pts to reduce the cost.

I'm a Senior Enthusiast

It depends when they ship the phone via preorder. If they ship it to arrive at your house on launch day then that could be quicker. If you have a low reservation number and the store gets your phone before launch day for pickup on launch day, then that might be faster.
I'm a Senior Enthusiast

Dfsadfsdfsa how do you have a # in line for your preorder? You must mean reservation correct?
I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25 wrote:
Dfsadfsdfsa how do you have a # in line for your preorder? You must mean reservation correct?

No, I mean pre-order. I know my position because I called them to redeem my Rogers pts and after looking at my pre-order confirmation (I have an order #) they told me I am #55 in line.

I'm Here A Lot

My issue with the pre-order is system is that you are billed upfront (correct me if I'm wrong) and for those that need to change their grandfathered plans to the Share Everything Plans, the change is immediate.  Using the reservation system, you don't have to make any changes until you actually pick up the phone.   However, the reservation system doesn't have all the models available.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @lllllllllllllll

That is all correct. That is why I use the reservation system or go via Apple as they won't touch my plan until I pick up the phone. In the meantime I can call Rogers and get a better plan. Pre order you pay the amount upfront and have to change the plan

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I pre-ordered the phone from apple.ca and chose the iphone with carrier option. When I go pick it up will I pay the contract price at the apple store or will it be applied to the next billing cycle?