Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

@canamera The way i look at it this is it's simply a reservation system. Apple is selling all these phones as of September 25th and all I wanted to do was to reserve one to pick up close to launch day like I did in the past. I don't expect Rogers to have inventory in hand right now but my understanding of a resrvation is that I will have one set aside for me at the store when they are avaiable.

In any event why could I pre order the phone I want and not be able to reserve it. There is a big finacial difference between the two with Rogers benifitig from the pre order by charging you upfront for the phone.

I Plan to Stick Around

@canamera
Nothing to do with Apple.
All about the money for Rogers.
I Plan to Stick Around

Honestly this pre order has been very confusing for me. So much so I cancelled my order.  I find the consistancy of info given is horrible. I got 3 different answers from Rogers yesterday. Some very helpful and proffessional and some quite rude and not helpful at all. Why is there such a difference when using the "Chat" function from calling or usiing the facebook messanger ?  I found the rogers folks on Messanger to be very helpful and proffesional its just hard to get answers as they are so busy. The person I had on the rogers Chat was very unproffessional and extremely frustrating. He gave me total oposite info than the Facebook group. And then when I called they said they could not verify anything done via the internet. So I got worried and cancelled my order.. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers better start planning for next years iPhone launch right now.

Ive never seen a product launch like this before, with mixed messaging and 2 different methods of placing an order.

When a new product comes out NORMALY you pre-order and pick it up. Why would anyone try to make that confusing by having pre-orders and resivations.

Another thing, staff need to be trained better ahead of launch so that they know how to answer questions.

I Plan to Stick Around

After yesterdays issues I decided to call directly. Found a different # in myrogers to contact them. Much different result. Order was made , kept my plan and it was all done is 10 mins. Service was amazing. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @brodger

I hope so as this has gone a bit far with every year something happens. I wonder why this keeps happening.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nintenchris123

LOL i sure hope they are. Little notes should be taken down & know what to do
I'm Here A Lot

I saw a couple posts back about a "new" reservation system?  Where is the link to this one?  All i see is the "old" one where it doesn't list all the models, and the Pre-Order system through the MyRogers device upgrade pages.

I Plan to Stick Around

Can anyone explain what the difference is between the pre-order and the reservation?

ive used the reservation system before where I had to pick up my phone from a Rogers store.

This time I used the preorder option that showed up under the "upgrade my device" section. I switched to one of the share everything plans and pre-ordered and got a confirmation email, but have no clue what happens next. Don't have any sort of order status or anything that I can check.

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

@mikeo007
Pre-order essentially has you the phone delivered to your home.
Already active (just have to activate the sim card), its full commitment. Reservation let's you decide what you want to do with the phone once you get it shipped to the store, and after certain amount of days it can be sold to another customer if not picked up in time.
With pre-order it's sent to you, and you are on 2yr commitment once it's shipped.
just like how you would do a hardware upgrade over the phone or online.