Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6S & 6S Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello @elvtnedge

No that number is just fine and you will get it at launch! Don't worry about the whole " pre order" thing.
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the quick reply, @Meowmix! You've been so helpful! Can I just phone in to cancel the pre-order once the reservation comes in, before I go to pick up the reservation in store? I'm just worried one system will end up taking way longer than the other and I don't know which will be faster! 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nina3251

On yeah that should be fine! Just call in a couple of hours before hand and see if it will be cancelled for u! Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

@DjRags Just a heads up on the "Free" offers of Spotify, Shomi or Next Issue. Nothing is free you have to be in a current share everything plan in order to get the services for "free" for 24 months. For example I have a 4Gb share everything plan that i just had to set up last year with the iphone 6 launch which satisfies my needs right now. This plan does not exist anymore and I have to "upgrade" my plan to a 5Gb data share everything plan for an addiiaonal $10 a month in order to take advantage of the "free" Spotify, Shomi or Next Issue offer.

Another tactic to entice you to purchase more of a plan than you really need by offering something for "free".

I'm Here A Lot

Just wanted to double check -- my number in line for the reservation system is for the reservations at all Rogers stores right? Or is it just for the individual store that I chose to pick up the phone at?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nina3251

Your reservation number and spot is Canada-Wide. It's only reserved to the store u picked

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks meow... I think he's asking if his number is at that specific store. So in my case for a 128 6S+ in Grey, I'm 46. Does that mean at my rogers store that I entered to pickup, I'm 46 or does that mean I could be #1 at that store and there are 45 others throughout all of Canada that reserved the same model device?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @elvtnedge

If you are #46, you are #46 Canada-Wide for the specific model u reserved. It has nothing to do with the stores. The stores have their own stock they sell and have other reserve at those store most likely.
I Plan to Stick Around

By the end of the day last Iphone 6 launch last Fall we had many many people that had reservation numbers in the thousands Canada wide when I checked through that thread. Now this 6s launch I see on this forum people reporting no where near these numbers like the last launch. This just confirms to me my theory on the Pre Order preference of Rogers. Pre Orders shroud the date you will receive the phone since Rogers can control the inventory released because no reservation number is provided to see where you are in the queue.

I wish Rogers would just provide us one path that is fair for everyone to try and get a new phone as close to Apples launch day. I chose not to use the "old" reservation system some used with their credit card since it seem strange to me considering this was not tied to my current MyRogers account. For the loyal customers that have gotten up early and tried to follow the same process as last year with a device reservation I hope Rogers provides a reasonable explanation why they could not. I am having a tough time myself explaining this to my staff.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I used the old reservation system and paid $40 refundable deposit by credit card but everything pulled up my phone number etc. it was just a different want to do it and the end result is the same. I got the device I wanted and end result was the same.

Why we had to do this a different way Rogers needs to explain. It's unacceptable they put their customers through this and have no communication with them. I will most likely slowly migrate to another carrier down the road. Tired of yearly disappointments like this.