Apple iPhone 6S+ Poor Reception

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Apple iPhone 6S+ Poor Reception

I had an iPhone 4s and used virgin, and I just got an iPhone 6 and switched to Rogers. I notice that at home or work and anywhere in between I only get 2 or 3 bars of service. What's up?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6S+ Poor Reception

Hello @ewilson657

First which location are you in?. Also have you done all the updates and also did a factory reset on the device to see if that will fix it?.
I've Been Here Awhile

3G/LTE constantly disconnects for a few seconds at a time all day, every few seconds/minutes

For the past few weeks (probably close to a month now) my rogers data will stop working (the 3G or LTE letters will dissapear) and my internet will stop working - it only lasts for a few second/max a minute, but this happens all day (the most time I can stay connected it a few minutes at a time).

There is no discrimination on where/when it happens - whether I'm at home, at work, in the car, in the mall, on a sunny day, on a rainy day, at night, in the morning, etc.. you get the point!

This has been extremely annoying as I've contacted Rogers about the problem and they told me it wasn't a network issue and it was most likely a hardware issue. I got a NEW phone and a NEW simcard and I'm still having the exact same problem. After rogers telling me in 3 different phone calls that my problem should be resolved, the problem persists.

I've reset my network settings multiple times (like they suggest every time) and still no solution.

Somebody please help! this is getting very frustrating

** first phone to have issues was an Iphone 5S, new phone is Iphone 6S

***Edited Labels***

Hello, @jl23

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. The issue you've described could be environmental, hardware or network related. 

Have you noticed your WiFi dropping out as well?

How's signal reception? Like the calls drop out as well?

Thanks,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm unable to give an accurate answer to the wifi dropping out because it works when I'm on out-of-house wifi but my home wifi isn't that strong lately, so i'd say the wifi capabilities on the phone is generally okay.

Out of the 5 dots on my phone, at most 3 will be lit, 4 if i'm lucky

Not always (if it's a short call), but yes my calls drop out as well

thanks

Hello, @jl23

Thank you for your patience, with respect to the answers you have provided the issue could be environment/network related. 

Have you checked the NetworkAid yet? NetworkAid is a self-serve tool that you can access via your MyRogers app or Rogers.com to check for wireless outages and coverage types available at specific locations and report an issue with wireless connectivity. Please check our blog for more details. 

I would suggest using the "Report an Issue" feature in the NetworkAid to report the call drops and data issues. Our technical teams will review your feedback to identify and resolve service outages.  Your feedback will also be reviewed by our planning teams to prioritize future network enhancements. 

Thank you for understanding!

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

Poor reception with new iPhone 6

My new iphone 6 is only getting 2 bars of service while my ZTE home phone box, in immediate proximity, gets 4 bars of service. Both are on the second floor of my home next to a window??? How do I fix this?

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey CM99,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forum and thanks for posting your question.

I definitely understand the need and importance of having strong cellular signal, never know when an emergency may happen or simply be in contact with friends and family.

Have you tried the steps provided by @RogersMoin

• Have you tried to reset the network settings? {Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings}
  • You may also want to try selecting Data only {Settings/Cellular/Enable LTE/Data Only}
  • Have you also reached out to Apple, to ensure everything hardware related is working as it should?

Community, feel free to give @CM99 a hand!

Kind regards,

RogersCilio

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CM99 wrote:

Poor reception with new iPhone 6

My new iphone 6 is only getting 2 bars of service while my ZTE home phone box, in immediate proximity, gets 4 bars of service. Both are on the second floor of my home next to a window??? How do I fix this?

@CM99

Don't use bars of service to determine if there is an issue. The ZTE home phone box and iPhone could be on different LTE bands, and use different signal levels to determine reception, etc. If you have reception issues at home then turn on WiFi calling:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/wi-fi-calling-everything-you-need-to-know