Apple iPhone 6S+ Poor Reception

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Apple iPhone 6S+ Poor Reception

Hello!

I recently got my 6S+ and ever since I've had it I've noticed that my reception has been very poor. When using LTE I could hardly open a webpage, send iMessages (they would always send as texts instead), play games, or really anything that uses data.

I turned off my LTE service to just use 3G which actually sped my phone up a little but not much. I've also tried using LTE with voice as well and no improvement.

The phone is completely up to date. I even tried a new SIM. The actual reception strength usually reads between -80 to -110 at the worst.

Has anyone else had these issues with their phone? Or does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Apple iPhone 6S+ Poor Reception

Hello, @dannyt275

Thank you for the post. Would you please clarify the following questions; 

• Is this poor reception happening everywhere or limited to one particular area?
  • Have you tried to reset the network settings? {Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings}
  • You may also want to try selecting Data only {Settings/Cellular/Enable LTE/Data Only}

@Community - please share your expertise, thank you all!

Regards,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMoin

I've noticed it nearly everywhere. Some areas have been slightly better than others but still aren't all that great.

I just did a network settings reset and it didn't improve anything at all.

I've also tried using LTE for data only and it usually gets worse. Currently my receptive strength for 3G is at -93, and when I change to LTE it immediately drops to -113~.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dannyt275

The only other thing I would suggest is contacting Apple and set up a meeting with a Genius bar rep at your local Apple store. They can see what's going on and even exchange it for you.

My iPhone 6S Plus works just fine. I did have some hiccups like that in the start but it's due to Rogers maintenance on their towers.
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMoin

Just to update, I got my phone looked at by Apple and they ran a full diagnostic on it. It came back 100% healthy. I've tried changing the SIM, tried using 3G, LTE for voice and data, and just LTE for data. I've tried resetting the network settings as well. Nothing seems to improve. LTE is virtually unusable, 3G has been very slow. Most times that I try to use messages, they send as regular texts rather than iMessages.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dannyt275

It seems to be a problem with the signal in your area. Which area are u located in ?
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm located in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dannyt275

Is this issue still happening? Let us know!
I've Been Around

I am dealing with the same problem.  About two weeks ago I upgraded my 6s to iOS 9.2, later that day, the "update carrier settings" popped up and I accidentally hit ok.  Within two hours, I found extremely poor reception in locations that I usually have good coverage.  Apple has replaced phone and I have reinstalled and factory reset phone more than a dozen times with no luck.  I would love to know if I could reinstall the previous carrier settings to pin point if its the iOS update or the carrier settings... Anyone know how?  the last Apple rep said carrier settings can be changed but Rogers techs say its not possible and its an Apple issue!?! Who to believe??  Also, tested an identical phone (no update) and side by side works perfect.. tested a 6 with 9.2 update but no carrier settings update and that works fine as well.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ECDC

I have noticed that too but I seems to be where congestion is and where there is low signal. It seems to a be issue on Rogers end. I wonder of they are testing a new update out to fix this or what.