Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Duraiden
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Likely they are referring to their stock for walk in phones. Apple likely underestimated the demand for the iphone 6+ and produced a lower stock of it, on top of the fact that the manufacture process for iphone 6+ screens only result in 60% of screen's making the cut vs iphone 6's 80%.

However, Rogers like many other carriers have contracts with apple where apple is obligated to ship a certain number of each unit upon release which means that Rogers, Fido, Sasktel already had units earmarked before Apple started selling them to consumers.

However, Rogers gives priority to online reservations, so it's likely that you will not be able to walk-in and buy an iPhone 6+, only reservations will be fulfilled.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Buckwheeat

LOL i won't see that until my bill comes out lon the 18th 😛
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Duraiden

Agreed with you on all that. Rogers does or will have them & ship them out tomorrow or Friday or Saturday / Monday delivery.

Even if Apple made a small amount, the carriers KNEW about this months before the launch or pre orders. That is how the carriers work with Apple or any other company. They order a certian amount & then most of the will go to the pre orders / reserations & only a small amount will go to the stores.

jamieb
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you so much for moderating Meowmix.  Your time and efforts are appreciated.  You also tell it the way it is when needed, perfect.

Wow, people already out looking for accessories.  None for me until I get the phone in my hands...

Buckwheeat
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix

Its strange it there listed already is it not.? Status hasnt changed nothing...is that normal ?

orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around

My owing balance still $0.00, my status still Open, my reservation number still 438...

I think i'm going to clean my family room and go to bed. Time passes faster when you're sleeping 😄
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jamieb

You are welcome. I bought a case just to have but won't come for a few more days / next week.
orangefreddie
I Plan to Stick Around

@jamieb

That baby goes strait from the box into a case... I'm not risking a $1,000 phone on a small drop... No way. Case has to be ready 🙂
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Buckwheeat

Hmm honestly the site has been having issues all day so it could just be a normal thing.

Guys do remember if Rogers did not have any 6+ in stock or any carrier for that matter, they would have NOT put them for pre order / reservation.
Buckwheeat
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok this is very weird, it's not listed now, WTH..  hum, now I cant log back in.  errrrr