Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

For people looking for hardware upgrades make sure you understand that you have to step up to a share everything plan. The min plan is $80/month. Only Quebec and Manitoba seems to be exempt from this.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello marfloors

No u can still use the reservation with whatever plan you have BUT once u go pick up the device at the store, that is when they will tell u if ur plan is valid or not. If it's not, u will need to change it to a plan they have . I know the stores will give 1 exception to everyone who has a old plan but it's best to contact Rogers before u go to the store and see what they can do for u so u can keep ur plan!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AccordTR

Yes that is correct BUT stores will give u one exception to keep ur plan. Next time u upgrade tho, u will have to change plans OR u can contact Rogers and they can do something for u. As i did and i am keeping my plan for good. I rather have people call in and see what the reps can do instead of going to the store and finding out their plans can't work  

I'm a Regular

The one exception expired last week. Stores will no longer allow it
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AccordTR

Hmm weird just called a a few stores to make sure and 2 told me yes they do give exceptions and the rest other one said no. Mixed information indeed.

Either way i would suggest anyone before going to the store to contact Rogers and see what they can do. I am sure they will help them out. But this won't stop anyone from reserving the device. Just when u pick it up and ur plan won't work, u will need to upgrade to a new plan. 

I'm a Regular

You can call Rogers but it's new plan, min $80 a mouth with 500 mg data. They will not budge. There was a huge write up on www.iphoneincanada.com and mobilesirup
I'm a Regular

If you live in Manitoba thou it's $60/month.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AccordTR

Yes while that is true, if u speak to loyalty department they will be able to do something for u. It's been done with many during this week as i know.

Some reps won't budge as they can't do anything and are told no. If nothing happens the same u unfortunately need to get a new plan.  This is with all carriers. 

I'm a Regular

The write up came directly from vp/pres of Rogers. I'll see if I can find the thread. They CLEARLY stated no ifs ands or buts.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AccordTR

Let's just agree to disagree but many are able to get to keep their plans if they pay a extra $10-$20 ontop which is worth it.

Either way we both said what we needed to say and it's up to the customer what they do. They can either call and see what the department can do OR choice to change plans. It's up them not us lol. We just are giving them our opinions and options on things