Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

I am hoping to have my 6 plus buy remembrance day. My three daughter got there 6's 2 on the first day one 2 weeks after.
I'm just hoping I like it. I have not seen a review that did not seam bias against the phone
I've Been Here Awhile

In sept 12th when the reservation started at 5am I couldn't log into my Rogers to reserve the phone I kept trying and finally just after 7am I got in and reserved the 6+ SG 64GB phone I was 904 in line.
Sept 19 I was at 633.
Sept 26 I was 319 I was thinking heck I'll get it next Freda's at this rate!
Oct 3rd at 103 the slow down had started.
Oct 10 96 lol this sucks!
Today Oct 15 I'm at 91.
Apple dropped the ball on this not Rogers.
Maybe they stopped production to stiffin up the 6+ so it won't bend? Doubt it.
Oh I hope they get a shipment in soon I'm so tired of my iPhone 4's tiny screen.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello pgguru

Most people that do reviews get free devices via Apple so they have to talk good about it or else Apple will not give them free devices ( MobileSyrup, 9to5mac, iRumors & others) Normal people like us do not get them for free but give our own review which i have not seen a bias one either.
I Plan to Stick Around

I see you are not a rogers employee but I hope they compensate you for your work here even if its in rogers reward points ( 1 per post)
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello pgguru

Thanks!. lol i wish that could happen but it won't. Its okay this makes me happy knowing i can help you guys as much as i can!Smiley Happy
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello saturntoronto

The reservation started at 3:15am not 5am lol. I reserved it at 3:15am & was #11 for the 128GB Space Gray 6+. Got it the day after release. ( Shipped out Release day).

It does suck. Apple claimed they calmed down on the production of the iPhone 6 & upped the 6+ production to meet the demands. They needed to do this from the start to be honest.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello Meow.

I tried to reserve with Apple, but the system wouldn't allow me because of there not being any in stock. I guess I'll have to wait like everyone else. Maybe when all the launches are finished, there be more 6 plus shipments.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Scrabbnut

That is true. If Apple doesn't even have any stock, Rogers wouldn't either. This makes sense to anyone i hope.. Hopefully Apple starts getting more 6+ devices out.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Meowmix,

I know I can get a phone elsewhere if I choose. What I was trying to get across is the rogers reservation system is not a reliable way to track your place.  there must be many variables to the system. I am on the west coast and my friend in ont placed an order 2 days after me. Same phone.  She was 900 something out of 1200 something. when i ordered mine on the first day i was 300 something out of 348 give or take. she got her phone last week. All I am saying is the system just does not make sense to me and I assume there are other people that feel the same way. Normally I would be ok waiting a while for a phone, but the phone I have now is just about done. I have to reset almost every day just to keep it working. Also when I first place my order the Rogers rep told me it would be 2 to 3 weeks.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello natfourt

The reps were told to say that because they did NOT know Apple has low shipment because of Apple not supplying them enough. This is something many did not & still do not understand( Not saying you but in general). The reps go by what they think will happen. They have NO way of knowing when Apple will send devices or how many they will send. So they give u a generic answer.

I do agree the reservation system has flaws but when Apple isn't even giving their own stores enough to have the carriers won't get much.

Hmm that doesn't sound right at all. How could she just skip & get it before you. I haven't seem that on here at all to be honest. Hmm..

As i said. You have plenty of options to get the phone if your phone is not working. The other ways are the same as Rogers so u can try & see what u can do.

In the end i do agree with u.