Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

I'm down to 108 &  "open" for my 6+ 64GB Space Grey. Really would like to see the status change. 16 business days and counting...

I Plan to Stick Around

@krida51.

A change in status from "open" does not necessarily mean anything.

Mine changed from "open" to "in progress" 10+ days ago....and there it sits.

With no word from Rogers on what "in progress" means

I've Been Here Awhile

So can people confirm that if you buy the phone outright you can keep the same plan you currently have? I want to prepare myself to leave rogers if they don't allow my to keep my same plan. 

Thanks. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Ninja,

I believe that is exactly the case. Buy your phone from Apple then just switch your SIMS card. Is the new plan supposed to make up for the new 2 year contract maximum for retail consumers? I would think so, but I'm not sure. Darn you Rogers, darn you!!

I've Been Here Awhile

I have a reservation with Rogers, so I am hoping to go in pick up the new phone, pay for it in full and walk out with the same contract I have now. Can anyone in Nova Scotia confirm that this has worked for them? 

Thanks. 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Dumb question ...

I see the following site posted by a fellow fourm member:

https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/CA/en_CA/reserve/iPhone/availability

But if I buy yhe phone directly from Apple, then does that mean I will not get the Rogers subsidized price with a 2 year plan?

i.e. I'm going to pay FULL proce for a phone instead of roughly 55%?

If that's the case, I may as well wait for my Rogers reservation ...

I Plan to Stick Around

@ninjawhat

yes you can buy the phone outright and still keep your plan, however when buying it at Rogers the phone is not unlocked and I believe in order for Rogers to unlock it you will have to pay.  

I'm a Reliable Contributor

But if I buy from Apple and then bring to Rogers, I end up paying FULL price for the phone?

Is that true?
I've Been Here Awhile

My phone arrived to the local store on Saturday. I told them I was going to pick it up on Monday. They said Okay. But I went there to pick up the phone today, I was told thay had not processed it yet. I'll probably have to wait another day. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@SpeedyC

Well ofcourse you pay full price, you aren't signing a contract with any carrier that's the beauty of it. You are free to do whatever, AND you won't have to up your plan. Alot of people went from paying $50/month to $80/Month. Over 2 years that's a $720 difference. Which makes up for the phone cost, however you end up paying more in this described instance as Rogers charges $249 upfront for the upgrade. It's your call, but if you can, buy the phone outright!

Steve