Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello Slam1967

Thank you. The fact that many of us have posted that users can find another iPhone via Apple, Best Buy & Future shop & other ways is help but if they do not wish to go that way, its no ones fault. While yes the reservation system is a mess & by no means am i making it sound like its the best ( Which is not) . Rogers did say you won't get the device at launch & will try & get it to you within 15 business days which do not include weekends. Something that many have not understood or just never read it.

If you have a working phone & can make calls & receive texts & emails you should be okay to wait. If you are in need of a device badly you have options as me & u & others have said plenty of times
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

You could have done a guaranteed purchase (not a day or upgrade order) at Apple Online Store and they were clear, 3-4 weeks from the Sep 19 launch. This notice was posted in large fonts on the Apple website on Sep 12th (same day as Rogers pre-orders). I would be honestly surprised if Rogers delivered sooner than Apple. For those already in possession of their phones through Rogers, consider yourself extremely lucky.

If everyone was aware beforehand Rogers reservations would likely be filled about 1 month after launch or mid October, maybe less people would be so frustrated. Yet, so many people on this tread are hopeful they can get the phone faster than Apple Online that a little understanding is needed to wait just a little while longer. Using the projected Apple Store delivery time as a benchmark, we're certain to get our phones within the next 2-3 weeks if not sooner.

Hope this helps with the timeline. I kept my old iPhone 4 for this reason a delay is inevitable and October would have been a realistic month of delivery.
I Plan to Stick Around

Ordered IP6 64GB Gold last monday and waiting for UPS today to drop it as it says "on vehicle for delivery today". 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Slam1967

Exactly. If Apple can not get devices in as fast as possible then what makes Rogers better that they will get it faster? If they look at Apple, Bell, Telus & rest have a 3-6 week wait if you order it. They had this up right before the launch date. Many seem to not have noticed this at all.

I notice that many Apple stores are not even getting any 6+ devices in unless you are lucky to even get one from Apple. So Rogers gets blamed for not communicating properly & all but Apple gets the blame for releasing a device that they shouldn't have if they knew they did not have that much stock off. I blame both as they are both at fault.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello allanligon

Oh nice. Did you order it via Rogers or?
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Community,

I’d like to step in and clear some things up. Resident Experts do not represent or speak on behalf of Rogers and/or its affiliates.  RE’s are tenured members of the Rogers Community Forums who have demonstrated a consistent track record of helpful and objective responses. They are members who dedicate their personal time to you and the Community in order to make it a better place to find answers to all your Rogers questions.

I encourage everyone to review our Resident Expert blog post here.

Moderation is handled by our Community Moderators who follow the Community Guidelines and Terms of Use.  You can read about our Moderators in this blog post.

If you require personalized assistance, feel free to reach out to us on Twitter (@RogersHelps) or on Facebook (facebook.com/rogers). 

Hope this helps clarify some things.  Please PM me if you have any questions.

I've Been Here Awhile

Guys 

If you just want an Iphone 6 (NOT +) they are available at several Rogers stores, future shops, and even Apple Stores. Walk into one near you and get it. Then when your pre-order comes in the mail, return it..

If you want a Iphone 6+, well you will just have to wait.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ordered it through our business rep. I'm not expecting though considering all the delays that the users are experiencing here...

I also think that 6 is readily available compared to 6+

I've Been Here Awhile

hello, just wanted to add my two cents that I have been "In progress" for my iphone 6+since last week Wednesday and haven't gotten an email or text from Rogers either.

If it is in fact in progress, there's no way that it takes over a week to have the product shipped out of the warehouse. At the very least we should be getting the right information here, or else Rogers can just put "In progress" from the start, instead of misleading us with their phony reservation status numbers

I've called Rogers customer service as well as my Rogers Plus pickup location multiple times over the last few weeks and no one knows anything

Wanted to know what the general concensus is on when we will be getting our devices? I reserved on the first day Sept 12th at a quarter past 5AM (when it began)

and yes, I could be trying to grab the phone elsewhere at other establishments but what would the point be when I am expecting my phone in from Rogers any day now since it is "In progress"? waste of time and gas

main point is without the right information from Rogers, we(I) cannot make the right decisions

**as a reference, my buddy preordered two of the exact same phone as me from Apple the same day I did, and he received two iphone 6+ on release date Sept 19th

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello 123454adad

Most Rogers stores do not even have a iPhone 6 tho. I would suggest before spending your day driving around just call the store & ask if they have any. That would be better & saves u gas! lol.

I do agree if you want a 6+ you will need to wait as EVERYONE INLCUDING APPLE has a long wait. Apple should have delayed the 6+ launch until they have enough to release it. Rogers should have communicated a bit better in this spot which i agree with.