Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

You actually have 60 days after the date of purchase of your iPhone to get Applecare+. You cannot order Applecare+ online after you've already purchased your iPhone, you can only get it from a physical store or by phone at that point. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jrfox87

Yes you are correct. My apologies for that. With carriers it's 30 days but with Apple its 60 days. You can get it via Apple store, carriers stores when u get the device or call in

I will say this tho.  For $99 it's worth it.  It gives u extra warranty on the device and cards and headphones.  It gives u more then why regular warranty does. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I completely agree, it's very much worth it. The best part to me is if you say drop your phone and shatter the screen, they will replace it for just an $80 fee instead of having to pay full price, and they allow you 2 incidents like this over the 2 years of the Applecare+. It's probably the best phone warranty out there if you ask me.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jrfox87

Agreed!! It is the best warranty i have seen so far. Everything is covered from the phone, battery, headphones, charger and everything else!. One of the best warranties i have seen for a device so far.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Apple's warranty is fantastic either way.  I dropped my iPhone4 on the street years ago and was able to swap for a new one that same day, then last year my iPhone5's top power button stopped working properly and they replaced the phone for a new one same day as well.

I've gotten away with not having to get Apple care, I typically get a new phone every 2 years anyways so it's just that second year where I'm extra careful. 🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Solaron

Yeah i agree but remember many don't have that luck u and i had ( i had similar luck as. U!). They get told to either pay to fix it or get a new iPhone. That is why the Apple Care is best for them! 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just a note on the $80+ plan changes, I was on a very old plan:

-Unlimited local calling

-1000 LD minutes

-iphone value pack ($16.99)

-6GB data for $30 (back in 2007...)

My bill was $93 incl tax per month.

When I spoke to roges today: anyone performing an hardware upgrade MUST move to the new SHARE EVERYTHING plan or you will need to pay FULL price for the iPhone at time of upgrade. The comparable SHARE-EVERYTHING plan would land me at $125.99 + $4.99 for the iPhone visual voicemail (before taxes).

I did end up speaking to rentention and they offered me an decent plan:

- Unlimited nation wide calling, text, picture messgae, call display etc

- 6GB data

For a total of $110 a month with a $10 discount for the the 1st 12 months due to being a loyal customer...so $100 + $4.99 visual voicemail before taxes

Theres no way around it if you are on a good plan right now then you WILL be looking at some sort of price increase on your monthlys....

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Brennansk

Yeah its been said many times on here that in order to upgrade to any new phone you MUST upgrade to the new plans or speak to Rogers & see if they can offer you a plan with a discount. That is the only other way.

You can not keep your old plan unless you buy the device outright.

Your plan is pretty good tho!

EDIt - its not only Rogers. Bell is doing the same thing & Telus will follow soon.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/09/12/rogers-and-bell-now-forcing-customers-on-to-share-plans-with-new-h...

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I reserved the 6+ 64gb space grey around 9am yesterday and got position 1334.

From the numbers I've been seeing that seems really high. Anyone know if thats normal?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ace131

This is normal for iPhone reservations. When i made the same thread for the iPhone 5, i seen people in the 2,000+ numbers.

Its because of the demand of that model & phone.