Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm New Here

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hi I have a question about upgrading to the new iphone 6 plus. I’ve been on a rogers contract for 3 years with the iphone 4s and I was wondering if I could upgrade to the new iphone 6 plus without losing the contract I currently have. I noticed online that if one wants to obtain the new iphones, a minimum contract of 80$ is required on the share everything plan. My current plan is 250 mins weekday and unlimited evening and weekends, unlimited text, and 6GB of data. I believe I pay around 65$ for my plan but I’m not sure as the account I am on includes other phones from my family members. The 80$ share everything plan however only gives 500MB. Is there a way to grandfather my plan one more time and receive the new iphone 6 plus? I was also reading online and some people said that it would be better to buy an unlocked phone from apple and bring it in and pay month-by-month although im not too sure about how that process works. Thanks!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello vanessam

Unfortunately your price plan will not meet the requirements in order to upgrade to any smartphone device, You will need a Share Everything plan which is $80 or more. You can contact Rogers via Calling them, Facebook.com/Rogers or Twitter @RogersHelps & see if they can offer you something similar to the plan you have for $80. You wont be able to upgrade to any new smartphone device otherwise.

Yes i know many people that just bought the device outright via Apple or other soruces & just insterted their sim card & they were able to keep the plan they had. The reason to this is that u are not upgrading via Rogers so there is no need to change your plan. You are simply taking the sim card out of one device & putting it into the device u bought outright.

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers called me back last night. They're suspecting someone at the store sold it to someone else. This was at an actual Rogers store, BTW. At least it's been escalated.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Bokehman

Hmm that could be the case. Some reps at the stores are new and not trained properly or some reps don't seem to care and sell it to someone else or to them selfs thay way they get commission. Seen it a few times on here and my self.

Thankfully it got escalated for u!

I Plan to Stick Around

Bokehman, I am curious what size of Space Grey you ordered. I ordered a Space Grey 6 64GB on Oct. 20 and I am sitting at 950, I started at about 1550. I am on the corporate side though where iPhones are scarce.
I Plan to Stick Around

soooo,

i went to 612 this morning and then back to 616 at noon, 

any explanation or the standard "we dont care"

please and thank you

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Doug_Caker

Hmm it seems like a glitch. I know this has happened before with my reservation on another device and others as well. It shouldn't just jump like that
I'm Here A Lot

I went to the coveted "Closed - Shipped" status today! Sweet funky petunia, what a ride that was.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello smg669

Thats good!. Glad yours shipped and will be getting it tomorrow 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

FINALLY!!! After 75 days, my corporate queue status is:

Order In Progress (Activation)

iPhone 6

Space Grey

64 GB