Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!.

Hello robefor

Some of us got it in the start. I was #11 for that one and got it the day after release. It seems like higher end models are hard to get especially the 128GB one. Apple or Rogers doubt they will do anything. Remember Apple is the one at fault for not making enough devices, Rogers can't do much unless Apple tells them. They can't drop the prices unless Apple tells them too. U can call in and ask for something but don't expect something big or a discount on the device price.
I Plan to Stick Around

This whole corporate system is quite frustrating. We can only get phones through this system. We can't trade in our phones. We can't deal with any of the stores - well depending upon who you speak with. So even if a store in town had stock it is supposedly off limits to us.

It's Apple's fault. It's Roger's fault. Does this problem exist when the latest Android phone comes out? I have to be honest that it is this crap that makes me seriously reconsider my loyalty to not only Rogers but also Apple. We use Google products a lot at work and I am very impressed.
I Plan to Stick Around

You ordered on sep12 and havnt got your phone yet . Thats almost 3 months .go get one in a store!!!! Doesnt make sense .
I'm Here A Lot

Hey CondorXIII, I ordered my phone on the first day, 6 Plus 64GB Space Grey too.  I started out at 29, and now I'm 4.  So the fact that you dropped 175 spots, and I have only dropped 25 spots, means one of two things.  Rogers isn't playing fair, and letting people skip the queue, or 150 people ahead of you in the queue went somewhere else.

I'm stuck on a corporate plan, and can't do anything about it, this time, but this is the last time I will ever deal with Rogers.

I'm Here A Lot

There was more movement in the Corporate Space Grey iPhone 6 64GB queue today. I was 39 out of 24xx yesterday. Today I finally went from In Progress (Pre-Fulfillment) to Order In Progress (Activation). Which I believe means I'll get my phone sometime early next week, correct?

That leaves only one team member still in the lineup. He's on the same 64GB SG queue as me, but he's currently at 89 out of 2437.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello smg669

Unfortunately no one can give u the right answer to that. U might get it mid next week or so. It's good that ur status changed and it's moving now!
I'm Here A Lot

Whatever. At this point Rogers has demoralized me enough that a few days longer or shorter is meaningless. At least I know that somewhere out there Rogers actually has an individual physical phone that has my name on it and plan to give it to me.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello smg669

At this point many wouldn't trust the reservation system as Rogers has NOT made any public statement with the exception of one in October. They never mentioned anything about business reservations or anything. I have been doing and making the reservation threads for 4 years now and u would think Rogers would listen to the feedback but they haven't.

I am glad ur status has changed and they have ur device is stock tho.
I've Been Here Awhile

I ordered 2 iPhone 6's on November 2nd. A space gray foe me and a silver for my GF. My number in the queue was around 400. My GF was at 4. We assumed she would get her phone first but mine arrived about 2 weeks later. I didn't actually receive a call that it arrived at the store. I just tracked the shipment and went in the day after it arrived. On November 24th I received an email that the silver had shipped. I tracked the shipment and saw that it arrived (and was signed for) the next day. Again, no phone call from the store but we went down a few days later to pick it up. They tell us that it never arrived. I showed the UPS email to the CSR and she said "well, that doesn't really mean anything". Huh? So after an hour long call to the main number, they are trying to figure out what happened. My account says it shipped, and I've been reimbursed the $40. Several calls over the past week have yielded nothing, with the basic response "don't call us ... we'll call you".

I thought I'd ask here in case this has happened to anyone else, and what your outcome (if any) was.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Bokehman

It could be that the store sold it by accident and never really called u or told u or UPS didn't really ship it to that store and shipped it to the stores authorized dealers warehouse. If u had it shipped to a Rogers authorized store then that explains it. They most likely have a warehouse which the devices go to and then it can take 3-5 business days to be shipped out via them and to the store. Rogers has NO control over this as that store is own via a private owner jusy works with Rogers.

I would contact UPS and see if they can put a report for a lost device as the store hasn't picked it up or speak to the stores manager.